News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In an email from Olivia Chow about the OSC and OP: "As Mayor, Olivia would stand up to bullies like Ford..."

Everyone knows Ford is a bully, but I don't think this is the correct approach when you are running for mayor. She will have to work with him, and calling him names is unhelpful for her and for us.

In an email from Olivia Chow about the OSC and OP: "As Mayor, Olivia would stand up to bullies like Ford..."

Everyone knows Ford is a bully, but I don't think this is the correct approach when you are running for mayor. She will have to work with him, and calling him names is unhelpful for her and for us.

I have no difficulty with a willingness to play hardball; so to speak.

But it absolutely should not involve personal attacks/characterizations.

I think there's wiggle room on that when a specific statement or action is in question; though even there, I'm inclined to think a retort ought to be 'that statement isn't supported by the evidence' or 'that action is not one I can support and I don't believe its supported by the voters either.'

Personalizing reads immature and unhelpful.

He's not a bully, he's run the province efficiently

I'm sure there was "standing up to bullies like Mike Harris" talk a quarter century ago.

Why don't you do back to your Rolex watches instead of calling people names.
A sucker is born every minute.
It's ironic as Ford's folly's are sucking the most tax dollars from the neo-money pretend-rich in the outer-905 wastelands.

Whenever I hear Doug Ford or his cronies or his disciples use the word "efficiently", it tells me "cuts in service", "reduction in state-of-good-repair", "more dirt and trash because of reduction of cleaning", "longer waits for everything", and "abandoned ruins".

Still waiting for a street sweeper on my residential street, because the city is using their fleet of sweepers more "efficiently". I'm giving them till May before calling 3-1-1, June before e-mailing or calling my councillor, and likely July before e-mailing or calling the new mayor.

Last edited:
PXL_20230423_173552046.jpg
PXL_20230423_173601329.jpg

Got this flyer yesterday from Olivia's campaign. Thoughts?

View attachment 471484View attachment 471485

Got this flyer yesterday from Olivia's campaign. Thoughts?
I find the front boring - I think it needed a better photo of her. Also, a campaign slogan would be nice.

The back is fine. It’s simple and to the point yet some additional details would be ideal. This does read more like she is running for a council seat, not mayor. I do like the colours she is using.

Seems like it's going after low information voters who just see platitudes and vote based on the ones the saw first.
Nothing in there is backed up by a real plan so far. Saying she's always been in your corner is not compelling.

Seems like it's going after low information voters who just see platitudes and vote based on the ones the saw first.
Nothing in there is backed up by a real plan so far. Saying she's always been in your corner is not compelling.

I concur.

I will add, a simple flyer/post-card is never going to contain a fulsome platform. But at least one tangible commitment would be nice.

I do not think that NOT being a bully and 'running the province efficiently' are mutually exclusive but I actually disagree with BOTH your statements. Doug Ford most certainly shows many signs of being a bully and, even by the rather low standards of government for the last 20 years, I would not say that the province has been efficiently run since he came to power. (Examples: the huge waste of money on compensation and legal costs over cancellation of clean energy projects, the wasteful fight over the carbon levy and the theft of $47 million from the Ontario government (i.e the taxpayer) by Mr Madan - ok, part of that was stolen during the Wynn years but most happened on Ford's watch.

I do not think that NOT being a bully and 'running the province efficiently' are mutually exclusive but I actually disagree with BOTH your statements. Doug Ford most certainly shows many signs of being a bully
You cant be a whimp when you run an entire province.

AFA Science Centre is concerned I think its a smart move.
Current location is prime real estate, and Ontario place is practically deserted.
Sell the current location to developers and build condos, office space or mixed retail.
Its win-win. I dont understand why some people are so against it

Back