I likely will, but I sent them an email last week about whether closing date would potentially be after December 31, so I can get 2 years worth of FHSA and am still waiting...given how unresponsive they have been in general, I only want one outstanding request at a time.
Please keep me updated on this too. I need to time my mortgage closing..

Has anyone received an invite to the Homeowners Seminar? I saw on Instagram @graywoodsales posting on July 8 that they had one a few weeks ago but I did not get an invite. I purchased a unit at 250 Lawrence. I don't know if that was to include 250 Lawrence or another one of Graywood's projects. Just wondering if anyone else got an invite or went to that seminar. Thanks.
Just got an update from Graywood. I messaged them on Instagram. They said, "Thank you for reaching out, 250 Homeowner Seminar will take place in early September and you’ll be receiving more information about this event shortly. If you would like to connect with our homeowner relations team to speak about your specific suite, please email us at condoadmin@graywoodgroup.com"

Has anyone received a letter confirming the firm occupancy date for this fall? Wondering if there will a further extension or not.

My 90 day deadline is August 29 so should know by then whether there will be an extension or not in my Final Tentative Occupancy date. I'll post when I receive news.

My 90 day deadline is August 29 so should know by then whether there will be an extension or not in my Final Tentative Occupancy date. I'll post when I receive news.
My firm occupancy date after final was November 1 and I didn’t receive any email august 1. So seems to be locked in

Just received a notification that my final tentative occupancy date of November 21 will not be met and gave a firm date of November 29. They wrote the note AS IF they had previously notified me of this change...they did not. Only notification was November 2022 with a date of October 26.

IMO, they missed the 90 day notification period (July 28), making October 26 my firm occupancy date.

As a result, I think I will be owed $150/day starting October 26 until move in.

Just received a notification that my final tentative occupancy date of November 21 will not be met and gave a firm date of November 29. They wrote the note AS IF they had previously notified me of this change...they did not. Only notification was November 2022 with a date of October 26.

IMO, they missed the 90 day notification period (July 28), making October 26 my firm occupancy date.

What floor are you ?

It is interesting, I have found some builders not dating their revised occupancy letters as a way of trying to protect against paying out the delayed occupancy compensation.

I had an unrelated recent experience when I made a claim with Tarion and the builder replied that I was not eligible for the compensation as they met the obligations. Once I quoted them from the legislation about the required timelines, they quickly changed their tune and sent me a cheque for the full amount after signing a release.

Ask the builder for proof that the letter was sent previously.

We just received notification on August 9th that our Firm Occupancy Date: November 29, 2023. We are also on the 6th floor.

What makes you think the building will close that quickly? I have seen some close within a few weeks and others months later.

Back