News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

hoggytime

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Synopsis by Rocketphish on SSP Ottawa:
Updated (May 2023)

Brigil is proposing to demolish the existing one (1) storey commercial building and redevelop the subject property with a 40-storey high-rise, mixed use building consisting of apartment dwelling units and ground floor commercial space. The proposed development will contain a total of 422 dwelling units, 259 of which will be one (1) bedroom units, 158 of which will be two (2) bedroom units, and five (5) of which will be three (3) bedroom units. 300 square metres of ground floor commercial space will contribute to a mix of uses on the subject property. Parking for the proposed development is proposed to be located almost exclusively in an underground garage, with the exception of six (6) surface parking spaces for visitors and commercial users at the rear of the building.

The original design was for a 30 storey building including a 6 storey podium. Since the original application submission, the following major design changes have been made:
  • Increase in tower height from 30 to 40 storeys;
  • Reduction in typical tower floorplate area (including balconies) from 945 square metres to 900 square metres;
  • Reconfiguration of the six (6) storey podium from an L-shape to an almost rectangular shape;
  • Reconfiguration of the ground floor to include one (1) commercial space instead of the previously proposed three (3) spaces;
  • Drive through porte-cochère added to the six (6) storey podium; and,
  • Visitor drop-off added to the driveway under the porte-cochère.

Architect: Still RLA

Development application:
https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applica...1-0110/details\

Previous Discussion: SSP Ottawa

Site Plan:

Screenshot 2024-07-25 202157.png

Elevations: (129.9m height does NOT include mechanical penthouse, so this one will get a small boost once we can measure it)

Screenshot 2024-07-25 202425.png

Renders:

Screenshot 2024-07-25 201359.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 201351.pngScreenshot 2024-07-25 201328.pngScreenshot 2024-07-25 201322.pngScreenshot 2024-07-25 201306.png

From CTV News Today:

40-storey residential tower proposed for Ottawa's west end​

Brigil has submitted an application to build a 40-storey residential and mixed-use building on Dumaurier Avenue. The building will have 470 residential units. (City of Ottawa website)

Brigil has submitted an application to build a 40-storey residential and mixed-use building on Dumaurier Avenue. The building will have 470 residential units. (City of Ottawa website)
josh-pringle--ctv-news-ottawa-1-5395000.jpg

Josh Pringle
CTV News Ottawa Producer and Digital Lead
Follow |Contact
Updated July 25, 2024 2:28 p.m. EDT
Published July 25, 2024 9:36 a.m. EDT

A new 40-storey high-rise tower could soon dot the skyline in Ottawa's west end.

Gatineau-based Brigil has revised its application to the City of Ottawa for a new residential building on Dumaurier Avenue, proposing to build a 40-storey residential and mixed-use building with 407 dwelling units.

The application filed with the city says the proposed development will include 240 one-bedroom units, 161 two-bedroom units and six three-bedroom units, along with an underground parking garage with 199 sparking spaces. There will also be space for approximately 304 bicycle parking spaces and storage lockers.

"Approximately 200 square metres of ground floor commercial space will contribute to a mix of uses on the subject property, and help meet the daily needs of the new residents," says the planning application report.

The new development is located near the western extension of Ottawa's Confederation Line and the Pinecrest station.

Brigil originally submitted plans for a 30-storey tower in 2021. Fortenn Planning and Design, speaking on behalf of Brigil, says the 40-storey design conforms with the City of Ottawa's Official Plan and the direction of the Pinecrest and Queensview Station Secondary Plan Study.
"The proposed development will be designed with a podium, tower and top, as directed by the City’s urban design guidelines," the report says. "The design will incorporate a four (4) storey, low-rise podium as its base, which will serve as the primary interface at the street level."

The proposed 40-storey building is the latest in a series of high-rise residential buildings proposed for Ottawa.

The new Lansdowne 2.0 has two highrise towers of 40 and 25 storeys, and the approved development at the old Greyhound bus terminal on Catherine Street includes towers of 32, 34 and 36 storeys.

Plans have been submitted to build a 26 and 35-storey tower with 592 residential units at the corner of Marketplace Avenue and McGarry Terrace in Barrhaven.

Chances are low that it gets build like that. It will turn into a charcwhite with minimal windows soon enough...

Oh, this isn't new.
Chances are low that it gets build like that. It will turn into a charcwhite with minimal windows soon enough...
It's Brigil. Maybe less charcwhite and more teal spandrel. It will still turn out decent.

Man, I had a feeling Brigil would go all out in building up Ottawa with taller towers when Gatineau rejected Place des Peuples LOL.

I for one am loving this. I like the design of this one. As long as they focus on bringing up the Greyhound proposal then I'd love for them to move on to this and the Baseline towers after. Brigil can be our flagship developer if they keep this up. Maybe that'll put pressure on Claridge to keep up that quality they had with the last Lebreton tower.

Man, I had a feeling Brigil would go all out in building up Ottawa with taller towers when Gatineau rejected Place des Peuples LOL.

I for one am loving this. I like the design of this one. As long as they focus on bringing up the Greyhound proposal then I'd love for them to move on to this and the Baseline towers after. Brigil can be our flagship developer if they keep this up. Maybe that'll put pressure on Claridge to keep up that quality they had with the last Lebreton tower.
It looks like they are also about to start Petrie's Landing Phase V 22/32s as well, I'll post a drone shot from yesterday later.

That would mean Orleans gets the first 30+ story tower outside the Greenbelt, beating Claridge in Kanata and those new proposals in BBQHaven.

Back