https://devapps.ottawa.ca/en/applications/D07-12-20-0081/details

Discussion History:
327 Richmond Rd | 30m | 9f | Approved

Site plan:
Capture.PNG

Renderings:

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Ya I commented this earlier this week but didn't know how to do it either! You've given me confidence for next time.

I've seen workers around most days kind of putting about disconnecting the various buildings and investigating buried wires etc.

They started ripping out trees and jackhammering inside the buildings, I expect full demo to be soon.

They haven’t demolished any buildings but it’s amazing how empty the site now feels with all the trees chopped down.

IMG_3830.jpeg

This will have a huge impact on the area, it is becoming apparent how large the lot as they knock it down and tear out the trees. This seems to be a very controlled demolition with lots of onsite separation.

Tearing down the beige building revealed a ghost sign on the little brick building. Looks like it says Olympia Candy, or something like that?

IMG_3896.jpeg

Honestly kind of sad to see these go. Would have preferred filling the gaps over razing the block for another blockbuster mid-rise. A Minto Fifth+Bank type project would have been better suited.

Back