News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

We haven't actually seen the renderings of the new proposal, have we?

I believe that there was talk about taking out the odd mezzanine level where the church used to occupy. I don't know for sure if that is happening, but it would open up the southwest corner of the building in a great way.

20190713_135854.jpg

Would be great on another building.
The space is beautiful, but clashes with the original building in a negative way.
old vs new buildings always frightens people. And yet they always become iconic. It’s at least clean looking. tacky. Perhaps, I prefer “whimsy”.

Thanks for the link! A really interesting read. Looking forward to seeing the architectural lighting on this one:
Later this year, promises Mr. Barth, a lighting scheme by Burlington’s Lightstudio that will properly illuminate the restored limestone, brickwork and deep cornices of 357, as well as Dream’s other buildings in the area that they’ve now dubbed “Bay Street Village.”

Dream continues renos at Toronto boutique office properties

Jul. 7, 2020

The Dream Collection is comprised of 11 boutique luxury office buildings on Bay, Richmond and Temperance Streets totaling about 500,000 square feet. They’re getting a variety of upgrades, including new facades, lobbies, bathrooms, elevators, and heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems.

“There’s not a class of buildings like that in Toronto,” said Dream Office REIT COO Gord Wadley in an interview with RENX. “We’re on track to get everything complete by around Q2 of next year.”

Some of the Dream Collection buildings back on to a “h”-shaped alley which Wadley said the REIT will animate into a “kind of European outdoor setting” that will feature stores, licensed restaurants and seating.

Back