News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

check out pgs 28 and 29 they show east and west elevations on both pages ,but arent the north and south elevations supposed to be on pg 29

You're right. It looks as if the same elevations were repeatedly in error on page 29. The north/south elevations are still to be seen.

National Post
Published: Tuesday, May 09, 2006
An office tower at the corner of Temperance and Adelaide streets will likely receive approval from Toronto city councillors today -- for the third time in its blighted history. The long-delayed Bay-Adelaide project was first approved in 1988 and construction began on the 57-storey office tower. But following a crash in the real estate market, the project was halted, leaving behind the six storey "stump" that currently occupies the site. In 1999, the developer submitted a revised proposal to the city for 47-storey office tower but the plan collapsed when no tenant could be found. The current proposal calls for the demolition of the stump and the construction of a 62-storey tower in its place. Toronto and East York Community Council will consider the proposal today.

Seems like they aren't up to speed on the latest developments i.e. now 50 floors.

Maybe they are more upt than we are. Anyway, I'd assume they could tack on 5-10 more floors if demand materialized.

According to the Final Report, the MLS is 54 floors, 174m(571') not the 63 that's on the list. The 54 includes the 9 floor podium which looks like was added for the list. The elevation drawings on the report also show a total of 54 floors plus a mechanical penthouse.

I added the floor counts of the podiums to the total number of floors for the towers as I didn't think they were included. It appears I'm mistaken in that regard.

However the heights of the buildings are 186m & 174m when the mechanical penthouses are included.

Oh, ok, the height on the summary doesn't include the mechanical penthouse ... just realized that the site plan has the correct number.

You can add a proposed RoCP 3 in at 75 storeys and 227m, confirmed by Kelly Dynes the planner.

Pretty sure 227 is roof height but I'm still digging for mech/arch height.

All updated.

RoCPIII is now the tallest proposed building, and the tallest residential project in the city.

RoCP III will also have the most # of floors - 75 versus 72 at First Canadian Place and 70 at Trump.

Maybe the people doing RoCP were inspired by Absolute. They figured, if Mississauga can go over 50 storeys, we should do 75 since we're downtown Toronto, and downtown TO certainly merits a 75-floor residential building! Keep your fingers crossed that it gets approved!

Apprently....

Someone at city hall doesn't like the new design...

Concerning the death of 1 Bloor East, at this point in time that is not a surprise.

Back