News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Re: Toronto's 400 ft +

Keep in mind that the Bay Adelaide heights do not include the architectural features at the top of the towers. The blueprint in the planning report suggests that there is perhaps an additional 20 - 30 feet of structure above what the city planning dept considers part of the height.

Also Murano has applied for a minor height increase of both towers.

It is unfortunate so many heights are missing from the list. If anyone wants to contact any of the builders let me know and I can provide contact information.

Indeed... I'm somewhat torn as to what to do for these towers (Murano & Bay-Adelaide). Temporarily I've decided to list only the known heights. It's my hope their total heights will be made publicly known soon.

What do people say about Pantages? Is it primarily Residential with a small hotel component, or does the hotel portion make up a great deal of the buildilng?

Any other ambiguous buildings?

No source, but Mr. Man posted at Skysrcapercity that the Ritz is 208.4 metres or 684 ft. The Globe and Mail had it listed as 213 metres, so who knows which is right.

Too many condos to follow these days, I think this is the office tower for the Ritz.

230 Front Street West

The site is located middle of the block ("the Broadcast Block") bounded by Wellington Street West to the north, Front Street West to the south, Simcoe Street to the east, and John Street to the west. Specifically, the site will front onto Wellington Street West, and is directly east of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation building and north of Simcoe Park.

"The applicant is seeking relief from the provisions of Zoning By-law No. 438-86, as amended, and Site Specific By-law No. 637-88 to construct on the site a 53-storey hotel and residential tower including a 6-storey podium. Pedestrian walkways are also proposed on the east and west sides of the proposed building.

The By-law permits a maximum height of a building of 155 metres. The proposed building will have a height of 188.4 metres to the top of the main roof and a height of 208.4 metres to the top of the mechanical penthouse and architectural features."

"What do people say about Pantages? Is it primarily Residential with a small hotel component, or does the hotel portion make up a great deal of the buildilng?"

Definitely mixed-use

"Any other ambiguous buildings? "

Metro Hall is a publicly owned office building - should not be listed under commercial ( institutional, government, or office would be more fitting)

DaninToronto2, are you sure that's the height for the office tower? Reading it, it sounds like it's for the hotel portion.

He seems to think it is for the office tower, but I think it is definately the Ritz based on the floor count. The Globe & Mail listed the Ritz as 213 metres, but apparatnly this is saying it is 208 metres so its up to you which is the most valid. As for the office tower that one is still unknown.

Hmm... ok, I'll adjust the Ritz figure, but leave the Office Tower height as unknown.

MrMan posted at Skyscrapercity that the Four Seasons will be 672 ft. and the shorter 30 floor tower will be 410 ft. The planning report will be available in November.

Canuck 36
Senior Forum Member
(27/7/05 10:56 pm)
Reply Re: Toronto's 400 ft +
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll update N1 and take your word for Met.

Pinnacle Centre A is 40 floors, but it has a known height figure of 121 metres or 397 feet (I only include 40 floor buildings if the height is unknown).
---
To an Urban Toronto!

I think that height (121 metres) was referring to the old
Pinnacle A, which supposed to be 37 + mechanical.
This, new one has 40 and so far 1 mechanical floor, thus may be significantly taller than 121. Anyways, you better check
out somewhere the right height !!!

There does seem to be some inconsistencies in Pinnacle Building A's height.

I'm feeling confused possibly about CityPlace. Did N1 get renamed as N2? Their website, including site plans, has no N1 but lists only an N2. Emporis (to which I no longer contribute) has both N1 and N2, but there's only one building, I believe. If there is only one of these, then N1 should be renamed N2, I think.

From what I understand, N1 and N2 are the same building - N1 refers more or less to the bottom half, and N2 to the top part.

Oh, thanks.

Let me state for the record that I'm in favour of having a city-run "Condominium Naming Board", that would enforce culturally appropriate and non-confusing condominium names. No more Londons or Malibus, no more "Ye Tower Mansions of Braddethwaite Village" shit.

Also, no more confusing names:

Dear CityPlace:
This is to inform you that your proposed names for your latest release of buildings have been rejected. "Harbourview Estates Phase 3 South Tower" and "Harbourview Estates Phase 3 North Tower" will be known as "Harbourview Estates Phase 3" and "Harbourview Estates Phase 4". We thank you for your attention to this matter.

I suppose we should be grateful that condo owners haven't started selling off naming rights, or else we'd end up with "WalMart Towers Phase 12".

Back