4.8K     0 

"I've got cons in my head and they won't go
Harpers in my head and they won't go

I've got cons in my head and they won't go
Harpers in my head and they won't"

"But the poll still rattles, the poll still rattles, oh"

"But we're all strange, and maybe we don't wanna change..."*

* My apologies to The Strumbellas....

So what happens if there is an even split in the number of seats.. 120 to 120 for example with the other parties making up the rest and no clear winner?

The Toronto Star has (very reluctantly) endorsed the Liberal Party.

As expected, the Conservative's propaganda ministry "ordered" PostMedia's branches (Toronto Sun, National Post, etc.) to endorse the Conservative Party of Canada.

donatosept19.jpg
From link.

My gut is that she’s gone. This will be her third run in Toronto Centre.

Certainly that's what should happen. The one advantage in "protest" voting for a party like the Greens is that it supposedly results in straightforward voting for the issues without any of the usual, messy in-house politics or Egos or within-the-party fighting or skullduggery getting in the way. Paul has single-handedly ruined that for the Greens, at least for this election. They should shitcan her at the earliest opportunity.

Certainly that's what should happen. The one advantage in "protest" voting for a party like the Greens is that it supposedly results in straightforward voting for the issues without any of the usual, messy in-house politics or Egos or within-the-party fighting or skullduggery getting in the way. Paul has single-handedly ruined that for the Greens, at least for this election. They should shitcan her at the earliest opportunity.

I can see her crying witch hunt if they try to force her out after losing. She will likely say it is akin to an internal hit job.

The reality is that if they only win a single seat, the sole MP should be the leader of the party. The optics are not good to have her left out of the house spewing her vitriol nonsense

So what happens if there is an even split in the number of seats.. 120 to 120 for example with the other parties making up the rest and no clear winner?

That will be an interesting case, though the first order of business is usually to elect a Speaker, and the Speaker comes out of one the parties total MPs, so that could break the tie.

That will be an interesting case, though the first order of business is usually to elect a Speaker, and the Speaker comes out of one the parties total MPs, so that could break the tie.

Who would be the governing party though if there is an even split between the two largest parties?

As expected, the Conservative's propaganda ministry "ordered" PostMedia's branches (Toronto Sun, National Post, etc.) to endorse the Conservative Party of Canada.

donatosept19.jpg
From link.
And what did anyone expect ? I hear some radio stations playing same- party ads regularly. Give the listeners or readers what they want, I guess, but it seems all pretty mindless.

Who would be the governing party though if there is an even split between the two largest parties?
I think convention is Trudeau gets the first shot at forming a government in that scenario. The GG would decide, but given the inherent conservative nature of that role, the decision tilts to keeping status quo and then forcing the PM to test his staus in Parliament immediately.

The incumbent PM or Premier alway gets a first shot of forming government. However, it doesn’t always work out them.

Back