Popped my head in the roof garden BBQ area, 2 BBQ's sitting in the kitchen, looks like its almost ready, lets hope they finish it before summer ends. so we can all drink beer and BBQ lol

Did you notice the signs are gone and nothing else mentioned? If they bring it up again their days will be numbered once the building is registered with a new board.
I just had my PDI yesterday and parked in the visitor spot. I saw a lot of bikes parked in the parking lot! I assumed they werent just there for long term storage. I plan on using my bike often so this stipulation would have been quite infuriating. Glad the signs are gone!
BTW, I cant tell you how useful this forum has been to me already! Glad to have some savvy neighbours!

Dishwasher outlet

Hi folks! During my PDI I noticed that the dishwasher's outlet under the kitchen sink was pretty close to the water intake for dishwasher. It seems like a bit of a fire hazard to me but Kyle dismissed it as being by the code. A friend of mine who just bought a condo had similar reservations about this at his place and was told this is pretty standard in condos. I am not exactly experienced in this department to judge. Does anyone else have similar concerns or know if I am just being paranoid?

The PDI:
Other than that, there were quite a few places that could use a paint touch up, and there were a couple of scratches on the laminate flooring. There were some things missing such as a flashing for one of the window coverings, the shower-curtain rod in the second bathroom (?!), a crank to open the master bedroom's window etc. I hope these low-hanging problems are fixed by the time I get possession.
Thanks in advance!

Not something i noticed about the dishwasher, I am sure it is fine. good luck getting the little things fixed, the paint touch ups will prob be done before possession, the rest will take a while, we have had possession since July 6th and the cabinet people have just came this week to measure up and order the new panel for the kitchen island. and they said it will take 2 weeks to arrive. not something we cant live with for now, I am sure it will all work out in the long run, just have to hassle them to fix the big things and wait for all the little things to get done.

Building Registration

Hey,

Does anyone have an idea when the building will register? I'll be moving in the loft building early October and was wondering how many more months of occupancy fees I'll have to pay. How long have the first people been in the building so far?

Eric

Are your costs for hydro much higher than you had expected? According to the condo documents, the costs for heating and cooling are included in the condo/ occupancy fee. But the hydro bill for our 2-br condo was about $75 per month for June and July. Is it likely that Carma Billing Services is overcharging the residents of the 500 Sherbourne? (when we received our very high first hydro bill, we complained to Carma Billing Services; they determined that there were "a couple of mistakes" on our first bill and agreed to reduce it by about $175).

My first bill was over $200, however it included a $150 security deposit. My second bill to July 29 was under $30.

Our first bill was more than $100 (excluding the deposit). I almost pass out. Bare in mind that I only have the ac running in the evenings when I get home & I don't even run it everyday. I think I probably have the ac on no more than 5 days when the first bill arrived!

everyone should have your electric supplier confirm that they have the meter properly connected ...
i heard situations where the meters were connected to wrong unit, common areas, etc.

everyone should have your electric supplier confirm that they have the meter properly connected ...
i heard situations where the meters were connected to wrong unit, common areas, etc.

This happened me in another building. I got a notice that they were going to cut off my heat. This made no sense as I was up to date on my payments. So I call them. Turns out, they had me hooked up to my neighbour's meter and they actually owed me a whole bunch of money. I haven't paid my bill for about 6 months since I haven't used up my credit from overpayment. So yes, you should double-check. And this happened with Carma so it's possible that a msitake might have been made. $100 without the deposit is very high...even if you had the A/C on full blast

My first bill was over $300, including deposit which they waived if Hydro writes a letter of good credit and the $30 one time fee.
My next bill was $130. Then the next one said they had overcharged me the first 2 months and was credited.
I have a 2 bedroom, 2 HVAC systems, and have the a/c on everyday that its hot/humid. It is still over twice what I paid in previous place w/out laundry, dishwasher and 2 a/c units.
Does anyone know if the heat will also be metered the same way?

yes, but seems ok now. don't think our thermostat is working right though.

hmmm, yea, the A/C is working now but it seems like the thermostat isn't working cuz the A/C just keeps going. It usually stops when the requested temp is reached.

Back