I've got a question... (scenerio - The toilet in our en-suite is not flushing properly. It doesn't "suck out" the water; ie. the bowl fills up & slow drains. We make it a point to use the 2nd bathroom most of the time & can't understand why the en-suite will have problem so quickly. It's probably too much info here but we don't use the ensuite bathroom for number 2 biz so what can choke up the bowl????!!!!)

Who should fix it? Say if we tried using the plunger ourselves & it still fails, do we have to spend our own dime to get a plumber in?

I've got a question... (scenerio - The toilet in our en-suite is not flushing properly. It doesn't "suck out" the water; ie. the bowl fills up & slow drains. We make it a point to use the 2nd bathroom most of the time & can't understand why the en-suite will have problem so quickly. It's probably too much info here but we don't use the ensuite bathroom for number 2 biz so what can choke up the bowl????!!!!)

Who should fix it? Say if we tried using the plunger ourselves & it still fails, do we have to spend our own dime to get a plumber in?

contact bulder customer service ... maybe it's a product defect or improper installation.

I dropped by for first time in a month and noticed some new deficiencies. I already filed my 30 day, however since then the laminate flooring is creeking and has become very spongy at the main entrance. The carpet in the bedroom is bunching up. The baseboards and trim have become unglued from the wall in several places. Air conditioning is not working very well. Anyone else having similar issues? If so, are they getting resolved?

I got my keys in April and filed my 30 day 15 days after getting my keys. The items on the 30 day have not been looked after to date.

I don't know if this is the same problem we had with the A/C but it is good to know in case it happens to any of you. Last tuesday I got home and the air conditioner was blowing hot air. Everyone had gone home but I had the security guy call some one in construction and he told me to open the HVAC white cover turn the power off and wait a couple of minutes and turn it back on. The a/c worked fine after that. The same thing happened in Yoga room last Tuesday and had to do the same thing. The hallways weren't cool either but they eventually got cooled.

My wood floors creek a bit also in some places.

Last edited:
Our floors seem fine, and so far A/C has been good. but good to know, we had to do a similar thing with our old condos A/C from time to time. and all our bathroom deficiencies have been fixed, so all good, just have to find homes for 2 more boxes.

I have some furniture from stylegarage. Good quality stuff...on the expensive side but I think it's worth it.

I was thinking of getting a sofa from them. They are having a sale on all upholstered furniture, 20% off till Aug. 15th.
They seem comfortable but do they hold up? Any experience?

I was thinking of getting a sofa from them. They are having a sale on all upholstered furniture, 20% off till Aug. 15th.
They seem comfortable but do they hold up? Any experience?

Well, their stuff rarely goes on sale and never more than 20% so it would be a good idea to pay them a visit. The people there know their stuff. They also make custom pieces in house. The only large piece of furniture I got was a leather sofa which took about a week to deliver since it was a (quick ship).

image02.jpg

I got the tables right away.

As far as quality...I've only had my sofa for about 8 months so I couldn't tell you first hand about longterm quality. However, I've heard nothing but good things from people who have had their furniture longer. If you look at the construction of the couches, very good....from the frame (steel & wood) to the foam/feathers used in the cushions... I don't have a single complaint and would buy another sofa from them (keep in mind it took me 4 months to find a sofa I liked). Talk to the guys there, there's no pressuring at all and they'll be able to answer all your questions.

Here's the facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/stylegarage

I have no affiliation with StyleGarage, I just like their stuff.

We bought our 2 counter stools, dining table & chairs and a "loveseat" sofa from Ethan Allan. Super comfy in my opinion. When we tell some relatives about the purchase they assumed we spent too much but after much comparison, they are about the same price range as other places we looked at.

Here's what we got... (so far... I have a feeling we'll go back for more...)

"Loveseat" sofa (in a charcoal gray'ish kinda color fabric with "fancier" fabric for the throw pillows)
20-7384_FRONT_sm

Dining table
28-6104_283_side_sm

Dining chairs (Espresso stained wood; which is the same as the color of the dining table)
28-6100_208_front_sm

Counter Stool (colors as per picture except the seat is black fabric instead of leather)
28-6121_sm

speaking of which... I'm not a big fan of the electronic thermostat that controls the HVAC unit. Compared to what I had before...this thing seems like it was made back in 95. You can't program it to turn off/on at certain times....I mean, the screen doesn't even light up.

This can be replaced anyways, so it's not a big deal but it's overly simplistic IMO.

At least the panel is small and is a neutral color. I've seen some huge ugly grey ones.

Question: Are those floors standard? They look nice.

Hey Jaybee

Have you tried replacing HVAC thermostat? we want to get a programable one too.

Anyone having luck getting the builder to fix small deficiencies in a timely fashion? Noticed my laminate floors sink when standing on them in certain spots...they are also very noisy in places. Baseboards are separating from the wall in several places. Emailed Kyle three weeks ago and nothing seems to be done. The unit seems warm to me....is the building having problems with the air conditioning?

I'm starting to find more & more fault with the building now...

I like to leave the windows & balcony doors open to get some fresh air circulation but the darn screens on the windows keep falling off!!
Water pressure in the ensuite bathroom is pathetic these couple of days.
The floor is feeling "bouncy" at some places & the baseboards are indeed coming off.
All the original items on the 30day forms are still not fixed, although minor we would like to check them off the list.
The elevators... what can I say except why do they have to only run 3 at a time & now with 1 out of service there's only 2. It was a long long wait just to get downstairs this morning. Almost considered taking the stairs if it's not for all the stuff I had to carry with me to work!

So there you go... Other than the above, we are happy overall (till we find other faults, obviously)

Back