News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Last week there was a cop car parked in front of the Tim Hortons, facing the wrong way, half-way up on the sidewalk, about 2 meters from the intersection. For anyone else, that's a $300+ ticket.

Last week there was a cop car parked in front of the Tim Hortons, facing the wrong way, half-way up on the sidewalk, about 2 meters from the intersection. For anyone else, that's a $300+ ticket.
What was the cop doing? That sounds unusual.

Ten years later...

May 5, 2021

I thought the police agreed to stop parking there, no?

5C04475B-4679-4F47-9333-C80AF9A74070.jpeg
70AB12E2-2CB7-4E68-984F-9D0A45CA8F71.jpeg

The parking lot went up right when the first BLM protests started last year. I was assuming it was temporary to handle increased short term demand in personnel, but almost a year later it's still there and still the same ugly eyesore I see every day.

Are there renovations being done to their parking garage? I rememeber that was an excuse one of the times they've done this in the past.

We're still dealing with this. Ten. Years. Later.

Make it more than twenty:

Apparently there is something called "Relic Park" and the plaza is part of the plan.

AoD

Make it more than twenty:

Apparently there is something called "Relic Park" and the plaza is part of the plan.

AoD
Good find! @Towered you may want to send to Cressy?

I'm convinced that the only thing that will stop the cops from parking here is to make it physically impossible for them to park here. Which is absurd, but a lot of things are absurd about the TPS.

Relic Park was chatted about at the last Grainge neighbourhood meeting I went to in 2019. It's a plan that is recognized by the City, but there's no funding or commitment unless a benefactor steps in. It's not going to happen for a long while.

There was some negotiation on implementing it on the one block with the condo developer at 292 Dundas, but the owner of the property (the church) has been trying to ram that development in as fast as possible, I'm not sure the negotiation was successful.

I’ve worked around here for years.

About 10 years ago I asked a Staff Sergeant why they were using the courtyard for parking. He said it was short term and due to renovations in their parking garage.

It doesn’t really instil confidence in the justice system when the police break the law and then lie to your face about it.

Back