News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Now that is a funny comment!

I wish I was kidding! Although there are a lot of things I like about Uptown, the starkness of the precast cladding is not one of them. I'm not suggesting they paint it as fake bricks, but some kind of texturing might save it.

Gotta say that Uptown does look amazing at night in this video however: http://vimeo.com/30788720

Last edited:
I shared everyone's concern when this first started - but I must admit - I am very impressed by this look. I have taken a few friends by it - and they can't believe how good it looks. Not sure about the overall look with the tiles at the bottom - but interested to see how it will look once it is all completed.

^ I usually provide regular pix of this project but it has slowed down lately. As of yesterday no new brick painting had been done.

It must be getting to the point where painting can't be done because of temperature. This may sit until spring before it gets it's exterior finished.

Recently passing by the 3 Brewers S of Yonge-Dundas Sq, I was wondering if the brick was painted there, too...

I noticed the east facade painting wasn't done above one of the windows. The brick in that spot was sagging and looked like it needed to be rebuilt before painting could happen.

^ I usually provide regular pix of this project but it has slowed down lately. As of yesterday no new brick painting had been done.

Almost done here. Great lighting is provided by the new HSK Research Building and the glass tower kitty corner. Almost looks like a movie set.

650n25.jpg

Yeah, it looks really good. Hopefully contrast that baby with a 500 footer in the adjacent lot *cough*.

Brick painting is almost finished and they're doing a lot of detailed work on the bottom around the windows and doors. This is going to look quite charming when finished especially when surrounded by all these glitzy towers.

650d2.jpg

650d2b.jpg

I'm still surprised they could continue to paint in this cool weather. It must be some special industrial paint. My wife ever finds out, well she can be outside at Christmas painting, not me.
Looks better than i ever thought it would.
It looks better from a distance, ie the photos.

Back