News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

That’s an exceptionally weak statement of significance, and the Bay’n’Gables are similar to literally hundreds of others that remain. The good news is, if heritage has its way, any development here is going to have to work really hard on its streetscape.

They are trying to play the card of saving the final remnants of the Ward however possible, but I do see value in these buildings towards being integrated among future redevelopment.

Various projects along Yonge (completed and ongoing) have done well with preserving heritage at base. While locally Elm Street, just east of Bay, does set a strong example of contemporary retail potential within the traditional fine grained streetscape. With proper exterior restorations done of course.

That’s an exceptionally weak statement of significance, and the Bay’n’Gables are similar to literally hundreds of others that remain. The good news is, if heritage has its way, any development here is going to have to work really hard on its streetscape.

It might not be possible especially given the difference in scale, but something like 7 St. Thomas wouldn't be terrible.

AoD

All boarded up:
5E43FBFA-F921-4F30-92E4-588508E81008.jpeg
10424173-D05D-4C7A-927C-58C7A2B173F3.jpeg

Please tell me the heritage row will be restored. One of the last intact blocks of the Ward.

636 Bay is part of Conservatory Groups 'forever-in-purgatory' proposal @Northern Light.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was wondering if purgatory had been lifted yet. LOL

As I recall Conservatory is under a court-order to wind down, so I thought this might have been parceled out.

Back