News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The current look of the ezboard version is required by the move. Disregard.

As a medium-term suggestion, being able to mark individual forums as read would be handy.

As a medium-term suggestion, being able to mark individual forums as read would be handy.

The system seems to automatically mark individual messages as read as I go along, as well as jumping straight to the first unread post which are really great features. To mark a whole forum section as read, there's an option under "Forum Tools" at the top-right.

I have a suggestion that everyone else can offer there thoughts on. How about a section dedicated to environmental issues. They could be directly related to the city or urbanism, or other aspects of environmentalism. There are plenty of threads posted on this issue and a separate section would probably get a steady amount of traffic (and be a very interesting collection of posts).

Has anyone else noticed threads and sections marking themselves as "read" all by themselves? I'll come along and see that the index marks a forum as "Forum Contains New Posts", leave it alone, come back later and it will be marked "Forum Contains No New Posts". What's the deal? I really depend on that feature!

Has anyone else noticed threads and sections marking themselves as "read" all by themselves? I'll come along and see that the index marks a forum as "Forum Contains New Posts", leave it alone, come back later and it will be marked "Forum Contains No New Posts". What's the deal? I really depend on that feature!
I think it happened to me the other day, although at the time I just said "what the f__k" and assumed I hit a wrong button or something. I'll keep my eyes on it though.

I'm having similar problems with read threads reverting to unread. Something's not quite right with this feature, unfortunately.

I have long wanted to propose a Dear Fiendish love and relationship column, sort of Dan Savage meets Cary Tennis...

Obviously, that would be the greatest forum section of all time. At first I didn't care much for Tennis - he seemed too wishy-washy, oblique and noncommittal in his advice. But over time he's won me over - quite a wise man, who has been through some trying shit.

It's driving me up the wall... I come home from work, have dinner, sit down to do my nightly catch up on UT and half the forums are labelled as "no new messages". If it's at my end I would really like to know what I should do to fix it.

Not your end, CDL. All of my vBulletin accounts do that on all computers I've used it on.

For some reason a whole bunch of threads became unread on me. Not sure what is causing it. At first I thought forumers had gone posting crazy today but then realized that the date on the last posts were days back so I would have already marked them read.

That's because I changed the way posts are marked. Its a one time situation. Once you've looked at them they will be marked read until the next time someone updates the thread.

Back