News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Seems like there is support for a Calgary YYC Flames New Arena deal between Alberta provincial government & @cityofcalgary. As a @citynewscalgary reporter spoke to several Calgarians who are in (favor of 1đź‘Ťâś…).
Lol of course they would. In poor countries corrupt politicians buy votes handing bags with food. In Alberta, the United Calgary Party buys votes with injecting taxpayers money into privately owned sports arena. It’s a high level political corruption at its best.

Chip in for what? Condo construction? 🙄
Yeah that's what stuck out to me the most. Smith claims it's comparable but it's absolutely not. I don't want to turn down money for downtown revitalization, but I also really don't think backstopping Katz's condos is the best use of that.

I’m guesstimating that Alberta will have about 250,000 first-time voters this election (newcomers and youth).

Edmonton has the worst city roads I have ever seen. Probably the worst downtown for the capital city in NA, considering a very high GDP per capita. And there is a reason why it is like that - lack of capital investments for decades.
If UCP wins, I am out of here.
Ever been to Winnipeg? The infrastructure in that city is crumbling, Edmonton is in great shape in comparison!

Convoy buddies!
343346592_541298281413199_4293132020085898504_n.jpg

Edmonton has the worst city roads I have ever seen. Probably the worst downtown for the capital city in NA, considering a very high GDP per capita. And there is a reason why it is like that - lack of capital investments for decades.
If UCP wins, I am out of here.
It's because of our climate and soil structure mainly which makes it very difficult to maintain a smooth road surface over time. That is why roads in warm climates can stay in near perfect condition for years without the freeze/thaw we experience here.

Ever been to Winnipeg? The infrastructure in that city is crumbling, Edmonton is in great shape in comparison!

Convoy buddies!
343346592_541298281413199_4293132020085898504_n.jpg
But it's publicist says, "she doesn't know them." There were "like maybe 200 people it took pictures with and she doesn't know who she takes all it's pictures with."

Why does she always have that grin where it looks like she has something shoved............

It's because of our climate and soil structure mainly which makes it very difficult to maintain a smooth road surface over time. That is why roads in warm climates can stay in near perfect condition for years without the freeze/thaw we experience here.
Yes I heard that fairytale excuse many times before. This excuse is universal and used in other countries as well. Always blame the climate. There are roads in Edmonton that haven’t been resurfaced for 30+ years. The potholes patching is anecdotal. Even when it’s resurfaced, the quality of asphalt is crappy because it’s the cheapest one.
You see a huge difference when you cross the border between AB and BC. Roads in Finland, Sweden are perfect even in colder climate zones as ours. Regular maintenance is the key.

So just because Winnipeg is a dump, we should be happy with our potholes patching maintenance routine? They cant even do that properly. Just fill in a hole with something black, step on it a few times and good to go.

Why does she always have that grin where it looks like she has something shoved............
See any similarities?... by the way, the answer to Howdy Doody's question is 1.it is election time and 2. it is time to remove this fool from the seat of Provincial Power in Alberta.
Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 10.03.54 AM.png

Yes I heard that fairytale excuse many times before. This excuse is universal and used in other countries as well. Always blame the climate. There are roads in Edmonton that haven’t been resurfaced for 30+ years. The potholes patching is anecdotal. Even when it’s resurfaced, the quality of asphalt is crappy because it’s the cheapest one.
You see a huge difference when you cross the border between AB and BC. Roads in Finland, Sweden are perfect even in colder climate zones as ours. Regular maintenance is the key.
BC Roads aren't any better....ever been to Dawson Creek, Ft St.John, Prince George etc? All dumps with 3rd world road surfaces. I get it, but frankly I think our roads have never looked better. Life long resident - 50 years +.

For some reason this time of year the roads look worse than what they are cause they are filthy......

BC Roads aren't any better....ever been to Dawson Creek, Ft St.John, Prince George etc? All dumps with 3rd world road surfaces. I get it, but frankly I think our roads have never looked better. Life long resident - 50 years +
You are comparing apples to oranges. We are the provincial capital with over 1M people. Anyway.

They aren't all in perfect condition and those that are usually are located in parts of those countries that are actually milder and have more consistent temperatures during the year than Edmonton. I agree with Maclac that northern BC roads in urban areas are quite bad, given their climate is actually similar to us, but roads like the Alaska Highway are in great shape because they aren't as heavily used as in urban areas (and also because it's the only fully-paved route connecting the Yukon to the rest of North America).

Regular maintenance is important, no doubt, but it has gotten better over the last two decades in Edmonton and a bunch of deferred maintenance from the Bill Smith years had to be caught up on.

Yeah that's what stuck out to me the most. Smith claims it's comparable but it's absolutely not. I don't want to turn down money for downtown revitalization, but I also really don't think backstopping Katz's condos is the best use of that.
Not going to happen. ”Just wait it is your turn next” We are still waiting for Kananaskis North

Back