News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sooo…

Also in the news today it’s being reported that “the size of Canada's public service has ballooned by 42 per cent since the 2015 election of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, while Canada's population increased by around 14 per cent.”

“In a report from earlier this year on the federal government's third supplementary estimates of the 2023-24 fiscal year, Parliamentary Budget Officer Yves Giroux pointed out that personnel spending within the federal government was steadily increasing, reaching a record high $67.4 billion in 2022-23.”

“Personnel spending rose steadily since the 2016-17 fiscal year, when payroll costs amounted to $40.2 billion.”

It’s worth emphasizing that this isn’t a 2/3 increase in the cost of programs and services provided by our federal government, it’s a 2/3 increase in the cost of our federal bureaucracy in less than 8 years.

Adult supervision is needed and has been for some time. Its a common theme Federally and Provincially here in Alberta.

More unfortunately for the Feds, they do not have a current windfall from resource revenues to help cover up their budgeting and management shortcomings.

"I am pleased to uncork this potential relationship and allow our partnership to flow. Water to wine, so to speak"

I'm still of the opinion of Redford back in her day of boycotting BC wine! Since they didn't want our oil "running through our province," why should we buy their wine? Coincidentally they also didn't want "us" running through their province either. Remember when AB license plates and corresponding vehicles were being targeted?

Haven't bought a bottle since and never will.

Not surprising, given he has friends in high places. Sadly, I suppose now there is a precedent for every other lawyer who behaves badly to get away with it too.

Did anyone hear about Steve Wong, the young man who was diagnosed with gastric cancer with a good prognosis? He tragically died on Friday, 16 weeks after his diagnosis. His final days were extremely painful as the tumour grew and fractured his spine. He never got an oncologist appointment. Danielle Smith, the health minister, and the whole UCP caucus have Steve's blood on their hands. I was wondering why he was ignored. Do you think it was due to racism?

Back