News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

If an election was held today, who would you vote for?

• UCP

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • NDP

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberta Party

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters

Here's an interview she just did with the Western Standard discussing AHS. Just utterly, utterly unhinged. She's accusing AHS of conspiring with the World Economic Forum. She's talking about shutting down the scientific advisory board because they didn't consider the "broader science" of therapeutics, which I assume means they didn't recommend horse dewormer and all the other "miracle cures" that were circulating the darkest corners of the internet. She's talking about a complete reorganization of AHS.

She's really going to do it! She's really going to use the brief time she has as Premier not to position herself for the May election, but to burn things down in order to fight some imaginary cabal of globalists. I really didn't think she was a true believer, but she is.

I really wish she was going to call a by-election in my riding (Calgary-Elbow) so we could get a glimpse into how the UCP might do in Calgary in the next election with Smith at the helm.

Considering the riding was just held by a seemingly capable UCP MLA/Minister in Doug Schweitzer (I didn’t vote for him for the record), I think the UCP would lose the seat handedly, even if the NDP and Alberta Party split votes (i.e., I think the UCP would finish third).

What happened to conservatism, they all seem to be crazy Libertarians now!
A bunch of people felt threatened, started to coordinate, and they kicked out the Premier, and elected a new one.

In large, their politics are incoherent because there isn't a coherent motivating world view. Part of the natural conclusion is that 'someone' wanted lockdowns and economic contraction so that 'they' could seize control. Large institutions are under control of this group, like Alberta Health Services. Alberta Health Services deliberately made their response to the pandemic fail so Alberta Health could then justify more lockdowns and impose vaccine passports. This group has lately been identified as the World Economic Forum, but you can substitute international bankers, Bill Gates, George Soros, or just in general, jews.

It is a wholesale rejection of COVID-19 as a natural force which is dangerous, kills people, evolves, and responds to our efforts to control it. Instead the view is that COVID-19 is benign, and that 'they' have used COVID-19 to enact dangerous policy, oppress people, kill people, and to end liberty and freedom.

Then you combine the above with other 'conspiracy' views:
economic contraction = less green house gas emissions = goals of many, therefor must have been planned
giving everyone shots/boosters = ability to introduce other agents like birth control = the elites' final phase of 'great replacement'

Good lord is she nuts! What happened to conservatism, they all seem to be crazy Libertarians now!
More crazy than Libertarian. The most important political imperative should be to contain spending increases to less than inflation so as to not fuel further inflation, and to devote what will probably be the last revenue windfall entirely to debt repayment. Some privatization and regulatory streamling would also be nice!

Now now. Language.

Parks not so long ago was part of tourism uncontroversially.

The issue isn’t the transfer, it is that this government seems to value the perspective of loud opinions (atv’rs) over all others.

Tbh I kinda agree the attempt to turn any protected area, into a space protected akin to a national park, hasn’t worked out well. There are so many tiers of protected space, just maybe we should make that simpler and use names which better describe our objectives. Could anyone on here tell me the difference between wildland provincial parks and provincial parks? The difference between wildland provincial parks and wilderness provincial parks and wilderness areas? Ecological reserves vs. Natural areas? What is a heritage rangeland?

The crazy bitch wants to merge Parks with Forestry now, what in the actual fuck is going on with Smith? Link
The line in the story, and I'm paraphrasing, 'those spaces are there to be used', is fundamentally dangerous. If you look at any piece of land and your first thought is 'how can I use you' I can't reconcile that.

Now now. Language.

The issue isn’t the transfer, it is that this government seems to value the perspective of loud opinions (atv’rs) over all others.

Tbh I kinda agree the attempt to turn any protected area, into a space protected akin to a national park, hasn’t worked out well. There are so many tiers of protected space, just maybe we should make that simpler and use names which better describe our objectives. Could anyone on here tell me the difference between wildland provincial parks and provincial parks? The difference between wildland provincial parks and wilderness provincial parks and wilderness areas? Ecological reserves vs. Natural areas? What is a heritage rangeland?
Who cares what its labelled, its about how this government views these areas: Places to exploit.

Edit: Flip this on its head and how would they feel about designating all farm land as something that can be easily developed.

Last edited:
The article basically states that forestry is how we open up areas for recreation, which isn't how I think this should be managed at all. I don't think a forestry lease should lead to permanent access for ATVs and camping, some areas should stay as backcountry. That being said, I've been to areas that were opened up via logging (Lussier Hot Springs in BC) so it's not all bad, I just want to see a discussion lead to these decisions, not let logging companies determine this.

Now now. Language.

I stand by my crazy bitch comment. lol.

The last part of your comment is good, definitely couldn't answer that. Maybe simplifying some of these definitions would be a good idea?

Not exactly Alberta Provincial Politics but anybody listen to Canadaland's Ratfucker podcast? First episode is all about how a certain group and specific development family (the Wenzels) tried to take down Nenshi.

Didn't see any specific reference to the Wenzels, but the media are all carrying this story now. Crazy the depths people will go to in order to try and smear someone else. If it is Wenzel hopefully Nenshi can sue him this time! CBC article

Back