News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Why would you go to the bother of creating multiple accounts on social media sites with fake names?

I just joined FB last night at the request of family members and used my real name.

Why would you go to the bother of creating multiple accounts on social media sites with fake names?

Today a lot of businesses (e.g. restaurants) and organizations have FB pages and you need to have a FB account to view these pages so I created a fake account for this purpose. I only have two and it only takes about a minute to create an account so it not a lot of trouble.

Today a lot of businesses (e.g. restaurants) and organizations have FB pages and you need to have a FB account to view these pages so I created a fake account for this purpose. I only have two and it only takes about a minute to create an account so it not a lot of trouble.

Yeah, and if you want coupons or enter contests, for instance, you often have to "like" the corporate page on Facebook. Your friends then see that you liked that company in the sidebar, and the system makes you into a shill. It's cooler to use a fake account and avoid that.

Back