News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Seriously, and usually cheaper than at the Apple Store, so I don't really understand why they're so popular.

There prices are no different than the Apple Store. They are not allowed to undersell. Both stores make zero profit off each Mac sold.

ie. Macbook Pro 13" is $1249 at the Apple Store, and $1349 at Future Shop, plus $100 in store discount.

Last edited:
Seriously, and usually cheaper than at the Apple Store, so I don't really understand why they're so popular.

The purchasing experience counts for a lot for some. Whenever I pick something up at Futureshop it's a miserable time. The Apple store is outrageously busy at peak times, but they're not generally staffed by miserable hacks trapped in an ugly store full of cheaply made crap. Also, back in the dark ages (the late nineties) Futureshop staff had no idea what they were talking about w/r/t Macs; if you didn't know exactly what you needed, they'd sell you the wrong thing. Hell, even if you knew what you needed, they'd try to change your mind and sell you something incompatible. That's likely no longer the case, but the impression of general incompetence really lingers.

There's also Carbon Computing on Queen East near Broadview. I've been to the Kitchener branch several times and enjoy the atmosphere.

When I bought my iPhone 4 at the Bell store in Ajax, the manager there told me she had been told my multiple people within Bell that a store would be opening in the Oshawa Centre. This does make a lot of sense, because everyone from Pickering to Peterborough to Kingston often uses this mall to shop. They could cover a lot of area with a store here, and it would certainly grab shoppers from the multitude of Best Buy, Future Shop and Wal Marts in the area.

I was at the Apple Store Eaton Centre today and commented to one of the Geniuses that they need a bigger store. It's always packed, regardless of time or day. His reply: downtown Toronto is on the list for one of their new stores in 2012. Aura maybe?

Maybe something like this along Queen Street West?

2500676318_96b5a756b6.jpg
<-- Boston
photo_boylstonstreet.jpg

It's far nicer in person.

The problem with Yorkville is that Apple is eyeing the most valuable retail location: Yonge + Bloor. They're one of the few retailers that could support it. If they're waiting for 1 Bloor E to get off the ground however, then they'll be waiting for a while.

Another great location for them would be the Adidas store @ Metropolis but the sportswear brand ain't giving that up.

The problem with Yorkville is that Apple is eyeing the most valuable retail location: Yonge + Bloor. They're one of the few retailers that could support it. If they're waiting for 1 Bloor E to get off the ground however, then they'll be waiting for a while.

Another great location for them would be the Adidas store @ Metropolis but the sportswear brand ain't giving that up.

I could NOT see Apple in the former Metropolis/Toronto Life Square....ever.

Me either. That's why I said Queen West. It doesn't have to be in a new condo. Does anyone know what's going in the pit beside the new Queen St. Boutique hotel? An Apple store would fit in there fine.

Me either. That's why I said Queen West. It doesn't have to be in a new condo. Does anyone know what's going in the pit beside the new Queen St. Boutique hotel? An Apple store would fit in there fine.

I remember seeing renderings for a 3-storey Guess store.

Back