News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Well, that's not happening, as Guess is moving closer to Spadina now, beside WIND.

I see this list has two new Apple Stores coming to the outer fringes of the GTA:

Conestoga Mall - Waterloo (Ont.), Canada - In Jan. 2011 a black construction barricade appeared in front of space #138, the former Fairweather women's clothing store (46' wide, 4,537 s.f), and also part of the Le Chateau store next door (which renovated within the last year itself). Ivanhoe Cambridge has recently renovated and expanded the single-level mall to 656,000 s.f. with 120 shops and 7 anchors. [mall plan] [barricade photo] [pre-expansiona pdf / post-expansion] [Feb. 12 photo]

Mapleview Centre - Burlington (Canada) - A 2-level Ivanhoe Cambridge-operated mall with 625,000 s.f. and 154 shops at the western shore of Lake Ontario, and not far from Niagara Falls. The mall was renovated in early 2010. Unknown space within the mall, but probably BB33/223, formerly Jacob clothing (relocating), a 4,697 s.f. corner space. Job listings posted Feb. 21, 2011 for a Sept. grand opening. [possible location] updated

It has the former One Bloor, flagship store listed as Cancelled or ??

Where's the list EngineerBlake? I don't see a link. It says One Bloor cancelled? Wasn't that just a rumour? If an official Apple source says "cancelled" then it was confirmed at some point.

Nonetheless, a senior Apple employee at the Apple Store seems to know that a downtown store is coming in 2012 so we can assume it'll be their flagship as the only one they have downtown is in a mall and their flagship stores are all standalone buildings with a street front.

Nonetheless, a senior Apple employee at the Apple Store seems to know that a downtown store is coming in 2012 so we can assume it'll be their flagship as the only one they have downtown is in a mall and their flagship stores are all standalone buildings with a street front.
Very true, but unfortunately some retailers that would otherwise have a proper standalone location, just use the Eaton Center as their Toronto flagship. Still, I'd expect better of Apple and would guess we'll be getting a standalone soon(ish).

It says One Bloor cancelled?

I'm pretty sure One Bloor is not cancelled as they just reopened their sales office. Unless I'm misunderstanding and only Apple's One Bloor location has been cancelled - not the whole condo project.

This:

only Apple's One Bloor location has been cancelled - not the whole condo project.

Although since they're starting construction on One Bloor soon, it's possible that Apple would be a street front tenant here. It seemed to be their preference going back quite a while. Is it possible that One Bloor could be done before Q4 of 2012?

Hmm.. that's about 20 months, probably not. Aura I think is a good candidate. College is mid way between Yonge-Dundas and Yonge-Bloor.

Last edited:
There is an interesting comment on the official Scarborough Town Centre Facebook page. Looks like the associated comment was removed from their Twitter account.

Scarborough Town Centre
What are you thoughts... Does STC need an Apple Store? http://on.fb.me/ejA2v2 #Scarborough #AppleStore
Tuesday at 8:55am via Twitter · Like · Comment · @ShopSTC on Twitter

LOL like Square One's Facebook page speculating about Forever 21, I'm sure it's not idle speculation.

By the time their marketing departments make a comment like that, I'd say chances are a deal has already been signed. Just based on the fact that during negotiations they'd likely have to keep everything confidential. But after the deal is signed, they can probably "leak" little tidbits like that to get people excited.

Actually come ot think of it 199 Yonge Street would be perfect for an Apple Flagship store - and they can reinterpret the glass box aesthetic with the space between the two existing structures.

AoD

I agree. Someone should suggest this to Steve. And by that I don't mean my dad.

Back