News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

What if Apple were taking a spot with a big view over the mall?

DSC06802.jpg

The hoarding's black. Just saying!

Attachments

• DSC06802.jpg
    DSC06802.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 796
That Apple Store could easily be two storeys tall, given that Mr. Greenjeans that used to be there being two storeys tall.

There used to be Nordstrom branding on the hoarding above, but it's gone now. Nordstrom branding in now quite prominent on the hoarding where we know that store is going.

This is nothing more than speculation, but Apple Stores in malls always go in behind simple black hoarding. I'm just saying this is a possibility, and not trying to be a jackass.

lol, I couldn't tell if it was a serious comment or not. Took it as a sarcastic response to the endless speculation and decided to add to it. My bad!

I know parts of the Sears space have the same plain black hoarding that is up in the former Mr. Greenjeans space, as I was just there yesterday. I don't think it has anything to do with the retailer going into the space at this point.

All the hoarding for Nordstrom has been painted black, both inside and outside. Therefore, the fact that the hoarding on top of Zara is now black, means little.

I'm not saying AT ALL that this indicates that Apple is going into that spot, but the very fact that it now looks like Apple hoarding begs the question as to whether or not this COULD be the location of a relocated Apple at the Eaton Centre. If considering that question is beyond anyone's ability to imagine, well, we can move on…

There has been speculation in these threads of an Apple Store locating in about 100 different locations in downtown Toronto. Black hoarding is one of the stronger hints we've had thus far.

I really don't get the high strung eagerness for the Apple Store. Guarantee that Eaton Centre is staying in their current location. What I'm assuming is that Apple is most likely looking for a non-mall location that would alleviate traffic away from the store somewhere in the city - a la Fifth Avenue.

Take a look at all their new stores - either in restored heritage structures or new builds with high ceilings and lots of sunlight. No way they would even think about taking that awful Greenjeans space.

It would have to be utterly transformed to work for Apple - I agree that the way Greenjeans was wouldn't work. If it were Apple going in, the lower-ceilinged double floor sections would be gone, for one.

I really don't get the high strung eagerness for the Apple Store. Guarantee that Eaton Centre is staying in their current location. What I'm assuming is that Apple is most likely looking for a non-mall location that would alleviate traffic away from the store somewhere in the city - a la Fifth Avenue.

Take a look at all their new stores - either in restored heritage structures or new builds with high ceilings and lots of sunlight. No way they would even think about taking that awful Greenjeans space.

Some of the new Apple stores are being built underground. A below street level store would work in Toronto, we have the PATH.

Chicago’s Flagship Apple Store Going Underground Down Michigan Avenue http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/...store-going-underground-down-michigan-avenue/

What if Apple were taking a spot with a big view over the mall?

View attachment 55998

The hoarding's black. Just saying!

Great observation. That's not a bad spot for an Apple Store. It would have its own escalator like at their existing location and would overlook one of the most prominent spots in the mall. That escalator is almost for exclusive use of this store so Apple could build a glass stair case and elevator. If they wanted to build a glass box, they could do so facing Trinity Square.

Fm3qaTD.jpg

The black hoarding is a dead giveaway but so is Nordstrom's so it might not mean anything. That said, this is pretty disconnected from Nordstrom so it was strange to assume that it would be a Nordstrom restaurant as speculated. The restaurant is much more likely to be in the new windows facing Yonge St.

I'd say that given that the Yonge-Dundas location looks to be ruled out, this is probably the strongest possibility. It wouldn't be a flagship store but would be much more suitable for the crowds that gather here. They still need a flagship in Yorkville.

Last edited:

Back