News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Let me summon MacRumors writer Joe Rossignol here:

@rsgnl

As a proud owner of various Apple products since 2013 (with my MacBook Pro), it's really exciting to see the Apple Store in The One being built up.

There is absolutely no doubt The One would be Toronto's flagship Apple Store.

Since then, I have a 2019 27" retina iMac, a 2019 10.2" iPad, and an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

I enjoy reading your articles on MacRumors (as well as some of your colleagues' articles).
Cheers! Thanks for reading!

I recall working on a very early version of Aldus PageMaker on a very early Mac, and printing on the very first Apple LaserWriter; IBM computers were utterly primitive in comparison. But in the past 25 years, I have used Dell exclusively. Last week, my Optiplex desktop did a scheduled system scan. It detected a RAM anomaly and automatically put in a service order. I received my replacement chips on Friday. You can't beat that level of service, but you do have to get the best warranty you can afford.

Not related to Toronto stores in particular, but I thought that people reading this thread may enjoy this video from the B1M youtube channel.

It's too bad that Apple doesn't have an iconic Toronto location. Though short of a retrofit of Old City Hall for an Apple Store (which I would be thoroughly against!), I don't know if we even have an iconic location in the City for a "town square" tier Apple Store, and I suspect that the future location at Bloor & Yonge will fall short of capturing that eminence or global recognition of prestige of Apple's other prominent stores.

(and of course, it is worth asking if we should even care about such vanities in the first place!)

Not related to Toronto stores in particular, but I thought that people reading this thread may enjoy this video from the B1M youtube channel.

It's too bad that Apple doesn't have an iconic Toronto location. Though short of a retrofit of Old City Hall for an Apple Store (which I would be thoroughly against!), I don't know if we even have an iconic location in the City for a "town square" tier Apple Store, and I suspect that the future location at Bloor & Yonge will fall short of capturing that eminence or global recognition of prestige of Apple's other prominent stores.

(and of course, it is worth asking if we should even care about such vanities in the first place!)

Not that the Eaton Centre location will become iconic, but they've made provisions to eventually open the store to James Street facing Old City Hall once the courts leave and the building is redeveloped as the Toronto Museum. That'll give it a town square.

I do think Apple Yonge/Bloor at The One will carry that iconic feel with its three story ceilings and unique exoskeleton pillar design. Unlike other buildings with Apple stores that have to be shared with other retailers, the base of the tower at The One will be exclusively Apple's.

That said, there'll be room in the Portlands for a standalone building should Apple be interested. It'll be an incredible part of the city with canals. I imagine the potential.

I think an Apple store would have been right at home in a place like the TD Centre.

1024px-TD_Centre_banking_pavillion_15464613453.jpg

I think an Apple store would have been right at home in a place like the TD Centre.

1024px-TD_Centre_banking_pavillion_15464613453.jpg

I think you're on to something. Banking has increasingly been moving away from the teller experience with consumer facing services happening first at the ATM, and now in apps. We're not there yet, but this rate, I can see TD finding that their branches are largely empty through the day and deciding to lease the space instead. Not many retailers could support that kind of space in the centre of the financial district, but Apple is certainly one of them.

Yeah that is not a bad idea. Connection to the PATH, proximity to a huge swathe of higher income workers, highly visible to downtown visitors, and a chance to animate the Financial District at the street-level beyond the traditional weekday working hours.

I passed by this new high gloss white airplane hanger a couple weeks ago and thought that can only be an apple store but shrugged it off. I guess Apple has options. They could have a flagship in a couple weeks at King and Yonge if they wanted.

Attachments

• 20220218_134125.jpg
    20220218_134125.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 20220218_134059.jpg
    20220218_134059.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 114
They already have a store nearby in the Eaton Centre. They want one around Yonge and Bloor. Best spot for them is here. It would be interesting to see what work is going on inside their future space. We had some workers posting here a while ago. I wonder if they were told to stop.

They already have a store nearby in the Eaton Centre. They want one around Yonge and Bloor. Best spot for them is here. It would be interesting to see what work is going on inside their future space. We had some workers posting here a while ago. I wonder if they were told to stop.
I have noted it's very rare to have workers posting stuff here since I started lurking here almost 7 years ago (been that long?)...as I suspect there's a lot of NDA's that come with their jobs. So what they where posting here was likely the exception and not the norm I gather. I guess we enjoyed it while we could.

I passed by this new high gloss white airplane hanger a couple weeks ago and thought that can only be an apple store but shrugged it off. I guess Apple has options. They could have a flagship in a couple weeks at King and Yonge if they wanted.
You think this is a comparable space... sigh I'm exhausted by this thread.

Back