News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The Eaton Centre location is closed for some type of renovations until the 16th

Looks like they just removed the glass doors. Hopefully it will get better ventilation now, as it's usually a hot box of stink.

Last edited:
The rumoured Markville Apple Store (or something else) is well under construction:

0D9D2804-1C7E-4F2F-9DD9-051E71C69C9C-1868-00000384EA88D8AA.jpg

Speaking of the Apple Store, on February 28, 2013, I bought a 15" MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Apple Stores are always crowded. Scarborough Town Centre is the largest mall in Toronto proper that does not have an Apple Store.

When will Apple open a flagship store in Toronto!? Geez! Last I heard was the debunked rumour about them buying Stollery's a year ago.

Two locations have been strongly hinted at for years and they're now both under construction. 1 Bloor E at Yonge & Bloor and The Ryerson Learning Centre on Yonge & Gerrard just north of Dundas Square. Both would be excellent spots for an Apple store and the latter was actually leaked by Ryerson President Sheldon Levy as being in negotiations with Apple. However, I think Apple needs a store in Yorkville more than they need one at Dundas Square though. The Eaton Centre location would be sufficient if there were another downtown store, the flagship at Yonge & Bloor.

If they opened a location at Yonge & Dundas, I can see them leaving Eaton Centre.

They'll never leave Eaton Centre, as the exposure there is just too great. As far as I know, there are plans for two more stores downtown. Yorkville, and then south of queen.

They'll never leave Eaton Centre, as the exposure there is just too great. As far as I know, there are plans for two more stores downtown. Yorkville, and then south of queen.

How about something in the Union Station redevelopment à la the beautiful store in Grand Central Station in NY?

They're already building structures on those two locations, so where will there be the space for apple to have their flagship? Lol.

If you are an Apple store, exposure isn't important to you. An Apple store doesn't make its money off walk-ins. People go out of their way to find an Apple store. In this case, a flagship outside of the Eaton Centre would be worth more to Apple than keeping the Eaton Centre location open.

Apple has never closed a store at this point. Even if they opened a flagship across the street, they'd keep the eaton centre store open. The sheer volume it does is insane, and a secondary location close would make life more tolerable for the store. That was supposed to be the reason for the FCP store, kind of like a DRL for the Eaton Centre store.

Back