News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

too nice for this area

I agree with most here. This station is way too 'suburban'. SUre it is in the suburbs but these are supposed to be urbanized. This is adjacent to an urban growth centre as shown in places to grow...it deserves way more. THe land is owned by ORC - therefore the Province, the authors of Places to Grow...basically they should know better...

There actually is a design concept for transit oriented development on this site designed by urban strategies, I think. You can probably find it by googling...worth a peek. It would propose high density development instead of the huge commuter lot. Of course the site is very much isolated with 407 and 400 and the cemetery and hydro corridor surrounding it...not likely the most desirable location.

I understand that the YRT and GO Transit believe that eighteen bus bays will be required, but the boomerang-shaped platform appears to be less efficient than an island-shaped platform. A large platform is required regardless but, looking at the diagram, many bus routes will travel longer distances to and from "the gate" than if an island had been chosen. This will waste time and waste gasoline.

It's still an island platform despite it being boomerang shaped. Whether it's bent in the middle or not, buses have to drive around it either way.

we're out of our minds

The aerial view shows a subway station surrounded by vacant fields. Name me another city with transit planning as messed up as Toronto.

The station may get a lot of use by international planners studying how NOT to design urban/suburban mass transit.

The aerial view shows a subway station surrounded by vacant fields. Name me another city with transit planning as messed up as Toronto.

Calgary (the worst by far)...
...and Vancouver...
and Edmonton.

This is a commuter station, it goes to Highway 407, it's meant to accommodate people leaving their cars at the station and taking the subway into the city, much like the GO. It won't have the same traffic as stations that are built in high density areas and pedestrian focused areas, it will have most likely be quite busy during rush hours, then pretty quiet on weekends and during the day. This is how 95% of Calgary's LRT system is built, you either drive or take a bus to the station, it's not people friendly to any capacity, unless you like walking through acres of asphalt to get to the station.

Qed

It won't have the same traffic as stations that are built in high density areas and pedestrian focused areas, it will have most likely be quite busy during rush hours, then pretty quiet on weekends and during the day.

I rest my case.

Back