News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

My first thought was:

"Wow, that must be some damn hot beer!!"

Billboard ads in British Columbia for Coors Light beer are being taken down after complaints from Toronto residents offended by the message.

Well, dammit. Way to confirm the message that the billboard conveys.

Adam Moffat, Coors Light manager of brand and marketing public relations, said Tuesday the company has received about 10 calls and emails over the billboards, and most of them were complaints.

Seriously? All it takes is between 6 and 9 complaints to bring these billboards down?

Coors Light must be laughing at all this extra media coverage they're getting.
`

Last edited:
Only 6 people actually cared enough to make a complaint? LOL

Either way, brillant marketing move on the part of Coors. Things like this are calculated. They knew it would cause shit and it got their name all over the news - for free.

Now if only Toronto papers would stop reporting crap like this. It makes us look really insecure.

Logan, nowhere in the country wouldn't report something like this if it affected their hometown. People are always looking for this sort of thing in the papers. It has nothing to do with using looking insecure.

Just like those endless parade of city rankings - people figured out that most new outlets would report on them from the local angle in an irresistable, quick, easy to understand story (Minneapolis up two spaces in ranking of most informed people worldwide!).

Quick! Lets all email Coors and complain about the ads coming down. If we send 10 emails, they might change their mind.

Personally, I thought the campaign was a great one. It got a good laugh from me when I first saw it.

Coors must have known putting thoes billboards up that lots of people would see them, and inevitably Torontonians would find out and complain. I agree with the person who said it was a very calculated marketing campaign. They knew these billboards wouldn't last, but the free news coverage would be invaluable. Why else would we be talking about Coors billboards in BC all the way here in Toronto?

Great job Coors.

EDIT: The sad part is, I found it kinda funny.

I'm not from Toronto, I'm from Mississauga, so I wasn't offended at all by the billboard.

I found the thing quite funny! They shouldn't have pulled it.

Wish people could take a joke. It was probably all the ex-Torontonians living out there who complained.

Edit: I wouldn't let the makers of the shittiest beer in the world upset me anyway.

Last edited:
I'm sure most people from Toronto are used to the attitude they get from everywhere else in Canada. The saddest thing about this whole story is that more people will buy Coors Light because of it. Oh well, at least it's not as bad as Bud Light Lime.

The best Coors billboard I've seen is the one that said "Colder than Jenn when you called her Susan".

mmm Bud Light Lime... sure its tacky as hell, but its delicious! Just think how many people its saved from getting sticky fingers trying to shove the lime into their Corona.

Seriously? All it takes is 6 and 9 complaints to bring these billboards down?

they could have been from very important people. i wonder if the sign company that displayed these adverts had any illegal signs up in toronto? maybe the bylaw officers got a special call and went into crackdown mode today. ;)

First i just wanna say that people in Toronto should'nt worry or waste energy on the ad, instead focus on ways to improve and evolve the city that we love!
having said that, i do think that it can have a negative impact on how people will view and treat toronto, ingraining a hatred for anyone from Toronto.

Back