News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I have no contract with you and I have never been in possession of your document.
This goes two ways. You accusing me of crossing ethical lines makes your own behavior unethical.
Do your own research, see if your data has become publicly available elsewhere before I posted that here.

^for times when a simple apology just won't do there's this approach!

let's get back to the numbers Urbanation posted in their report
Some of you pretend that the market is solid and in the worst case scenario you can rent the investment properties.
How do you explain the change in mood for the developers? They should consider the same factors and continue to build more because whoever buys the new units can rent them. Strange.

^^^
From the Urbanation report as from the link by ISYM:

the last sentence reads:
Resale prices were weighed down by a jump in listings during the quarter (+25%), partly as a result of an increased number of new registrations at 4,859 units in Q1-2013, 7% of which were listed for resale.

I find it interesting that only 7% was listed for resale. I would have expected a higher number. I don't know if that means there are more longer term investors, the market is poor for selling the new product, or if the recent articles about CRA looking into going after those who have assigned their product prior to receiving it and either not claiming tax or claiming capital gain when it is to be viewed as income according to CRA.

The other issue has to do with the fact that given the bottleneck of 15-18000 units coming on line yearly, does this not mean that the product can be absorbed since it is not the 40 to 58K figure quoted over the next 2 years?

Also, if the developers do in fact scale back for 2013 their starts and say even in 2014, we will still get the same 15-18000 finished product on the market if past history is any indication, but that should start to show up as decreased product to come on line for 2016-2018, should it not?

You have to ask yourself what is the reason why the builders AND the buyers changed their view and they are not building respectively buying in large numbers anymore.
Once you find the reason you must ask yourself if that will be fixed and "we"get back to normal or you might also want to ask yourself if buyers not buying that much RE anymore is normal or abnormal behavior. I tend to believe that fewer transactions is the old "normal" forgotten during the boom years

Last edited:
^
Are you sure that your last two posts serve the cause you are promoting here?
That kind of thinking you are displaying in the last one is the very reason of the bubble we are experiencing today.
Kind of strange that all of us were to embarrassed to reply to the first one and you felt the need to reassure yourself that you are right and you posted the second one.

^
Are you sure that your last two posts serve the cause you are promoting here?

I would like to add my two-bits worth and state that I am really 'enjoying' the conversation that has been going on here lately. May I suggest, most humbly, that, to spice up the conversation a bit more, we should invite Condo George to enlighten us with his insights.

For those of you who miss Condo George, he is flogging condos on the new thread that he has started "ICE Assignments -- 5% down".

Amen

I was thinking, we should make this five year old thread a documentary film. We have a lot of amazing quotes in this thread, many interesting personalities and we are all witnessing (and sometimes trying to predict) a piece of history.

I was thinking, we should make this five year old thread a documentary film. We have a lot of amazing quotes in this thread, many interesting personalities and we are all witnessing (and sometimes trying to predict) a piece of history.
That would rather be a SF movie for your part :)

He's entertaining. Keep him here for awhile--reading the same old lame old Toronto Star articles gets tiresome.

I can't beat you to that game. Let's recap;
-one believes that I am I don't know who and she wants my head
-another one believes that Toronto will become Chinese like Vancouver(Chinese supremacy huh?). I am wondering if the admins see any sort of racism in this sort of statement
-next we see people dreaming about the condo market going up and up while Urbanation reports disasters
-another one believes that he saved my ass (wow) -the black knight on a white horse,
-Urbanation's people are after me to sue me and to what....to put me in jail (?) for breaking an agreement that I never signed and for quoting a public source, a source which I could not indicate because I was afraid that another nut will see that as a confirmation of her suspicions that I am the person she believes I am ...

And you need me for entertainment ? I did nothing than to post some numbers here and see above what that got out of you. You are the entertainers if there is any.
If you ask me it is rather sad to see such embarrassing incidents, when you see that sort of postings you start asking yourself where you landed, are these kids or serious persons

Last edited:
I can't beat you to that game. Let's recap;
-one believes that I am I don't know who and she wants my head
-another one believes that Toronto will become Chinese like Vancouver(Chinese supremacy huh?). I am wondering if the admins see any sort of racism in this sort of statement
-next we see people dreaming about the condo market going up and up while Urbanation reports disasters
-another one believes that he saved my ass (wow) -the black knight on a white horse,
-Urbanation's people are after me to sue me and to what....to put me in jail (?) for breaking an agreement that I never signed and for quoting a public source, a source which I could not indicate because I was afraid that another nut will see that as a confirmation of her suspicions that I am the person she believes I am ...

And you need me for entertainment ? I did nothing than to post some numbers here and see above what that got out of you. You are the entertainers if there is any.
If you ask me it is rather sad to see such embarrassing incidents, when you see that sort of postings you start asking yourself where you landed, are these kids or serious persons

Yes, that's right. It's not you, it's everyone else.:rolleyes:

Back