News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

government -"don't worry , we solved the problem by making a billboard for moral support" 🤣 😂
IMG_20210519_170028.jpg

IMG_20210519_165807.jpg

From the Star https://outline.com/YYRuEd

Nearly 20 per cent of GTA homeowners under 35 own more than one property, survey finds​

While real estate has become a hard market for millennials to get into, Karen Millar, sales representative at Royal LePage, said those who have second properties are often ones that got into the market early. They have been able to use equity from their previously purchased property — which has since gone up in value — to buy another home, often, a bigger home and sometimes outside of the city.

Many keep their first property to rent out as a source of income, she said.

“It’s all driven by the equity that the market has given them,” Millar said. “It’s looking at where you can buy and what you can buy for that money that will carry itself.”

I can only laugh at this point. We’ve reached a point where we’ll either have a housing market that crashes and burns or a market that won’t allow for additional housing to be build and increased pressure on prices, rents, etc. I’m guessing the latter ;)

someone should investigate on how many investment properties people like Adam Vaughan own and others in the government who write housing policy, zoning, cause all the government red tape that delays everything.... you get my point

someone should investigate on how many investment properties people like Adam Vaughan own and others in the government who write housing policy, zoning, cause all the government red tape that delays everything.... you get my point
Reminds me of all McGuinty’s pals who got sweetheart and insider deals on wind power contracts. Not to pick on McGuinty any more than the rest of our political leaders, they’re all dirty with graft and cronyism.

Last edited:
My family bought an investment unit in March (the all time market peak as we see in hindsight). Since then, it's grown 9-10% based on recent sales and listings in the building...

"Recent data from Statistics Canada show that, for the first time on record, investment in the housing market is now greater than 50 per cent of all investment in the economy, Kronick adds.

That is cause for concern, he says." Ya think?

"Recent data from Statistics Canada show that, for the first time on record, investment in the housing market is now greater than 50 per cent of all investment in the economy, Kronick adds.

That is cause for concern, he says." Ya think?

Low, stagnant wages will do that.

Back