9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

Looks like they're starting to build the floor
BA_Webcam_20071214.jpg

courtesy of Ziggy.

I assume we'll be seeing the second level of steel columns soon enough.

I think Brookfield should give you a gratis office suite on the 48th floor ... south view ;-) ... you already provided more positive PR than the over-priced publicists that are on retainer.

Teasing aside, despite it's geometrics... I think it will be a lovely addition. And I admire your courage.

amazing that this "stump" has already matched the buildings on the west side of Bay St. in height... and we are just getting started here. Again, its amazing what a physical impact BAC is going to have! Will be even nicer when phase 2 cleans things up on the other end of the block. Still not sure if phase 3 works being mid-block to the north.... ah well, thats why we keep watching right?

The floor space on this project is quite small in comparison to the core- that thing really is a giant- I can't imagine that it is more than 30 feet- if that, from the core to the edge of the floor.

p5

Judging by the floor plans, the open space north and south of the core (on the lower floors) is indeed about 30 feet. The distance is greater east and west of the core, about 50 feet or so. The distances will increase on higher floors as the core diminishes in size.

Bill

Work continues at BA. The floor covering has been extended (it looks like the floors below the upper one are being covered too), and the girders for the next higher sets of floors are being put in place.

edit -- counting the floors, the concrete form must have been bumped up one level since Saturday.

2007-12-18.jpg

Bill

Someone with some photo-editing skills should put together a stop-motion film from the webcam pics.

Here are the results of 4 more hours of work. The decking has been almost completed, compared to the image from 4 hours earlier. Plus the steelwork has been noticably extended. This project is motoring!

2007-12-18b.jpg

Bill

Surely this is way beyond the old stump! (don't call me Shirley).

P.S. Cal, I have the ultimate (high res camera, not webcam) POV of this sucker but I'm not sure I can be bothered shooting 5 frames a week and then cutting it together into the ultimate time-lapse.

Unless of course a certain ex-girlfriend would meet me for a martini.... in the Martini Bar... in the building ...with the perfect POV of BA rising....

Back