News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Edit, just to stay on topic... I'm curious to know what floor the core starts to thin-out..?

The first thinning happens at floor 17, so it looks like roughly 5 or 6 more storeys to go. The first office floor is floor 3, and they're skipping the 13th floor (silly superstitions). After that there are two more core thinnings, at floors 27 and 40.

Oh no, what did I start with my throw-away Star Trek comment? The replies have been great and I think we can all agree that Star Trek never once relied on the merits or even fundamentals of science to explain anything. Hilarious.

But this is all to say that BA is a secure structure. But I have a legitimate question: will this building have a logo/signage on it like the other big boys in the core? Will we get big KPMG letters on the top of this one, for example?

signage

I hope there won't be any sign at the top of this building. Billboards belong at the side of the highway not at the top of office buildings. Very tacky...see CIBC among others.

Not to mention so much more photoshop work that needs to be done when turning Toronto into NYC or Racoon City.

I hope there won't be any sign at the top of this building. Billboards belong at the side of the highway not at the top of office buildings. Very tacky...see CIBC among others.
Although, this has always been a very Toronto-thing. In fact, the old BMO logo high-atop FCP was the highest sign in the world for many years. I think all the Toronto examples in the core are pretty tasteful, but I'd still have an issue if they tried to slap a "TD" on TD Centre.

FYI...I'm no fan of billboards on the side of highways.

The Stacking plan has been updated to show 51 floors rather than 50
BA_stacking_with_fasken2.png

Good thing they didn't skip all the floors containing the numeral "4", or it would go up to 67.

Looking good. Can anyone tell me if the lot just east of the BA centre is the site Stinson just sold? I know its on Temeperance somewhere...

I hear that the new owner of that lot wants to put together a really striking building. I'd love to see another gorgeous tower go up.

Back