News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

--
A little off topic, but that post sparked my imagination: how are the forms raised anyway? Does the crane pick them up? How do they lock into place so firmly? Are they on some sort of rail system? They don't sway in the wind when they're being lifted. They just go straight up.

I would have thought they were hydraulically jacked, but the crane is always in position over the forms being lifted (as in the pic)... I'm sure we'll get an expert answer soon.

some updates from flickr.com

2490776311_75cb2b14ba_b.jpg

Sweet One

I've made a strange observation looking at the webcam, it looks like there is a television on behind the glass. It's at the bottom of the webcam image, you can see the image flickering and changing, it's especially noticeable at night. Are they watching TV in there? It seems odd!
BA_TV.jpg

It would have to be a REALLY big screen. For scale, the short stubs at the top of the steelwork are each the height of a man.

So they're watching a big-screen TV in there?... Yeah it doesn't make sense.

I'm starting to wonder if it's not behind the glass, but something reflecting off of it.

someone is playing games with the webcam or the is a rather large legged spider in front of the camera (The Black Widow...que Alice Cooper).

^ Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying I don't like it... I'm just saying that it looks like a mini-FCP... which is a rather uncreative thing to do. It's too bad that this much office density wasn't used on something that would stand out nicely in our skyline.

I do concede that I think that it will make a beautiful mirror for its up-and-coming neighbor Trump Tower.

If you aren't already involved in politics you should consider it with rhetoric like that.

It's a boring fucking building, especially in contrast to what the Donald is building. The only marginally redeeming quality it has is the facade of the old bank building built into the new one.

If you aren't already involved in politics you should consider it with rhetoric like that.

It's a boring fucking building, especially in contrast to what the Donald is building. The only marginally redeeming quality it has is the facade of the old bank building built into the new one.

Watch your language buddy.

Comments like that are unacceptable by the community standards of this board. Facadism is never, never redeeming.

A boring *fucking* building? I'd only consider it to be a fucking building if there were a mid-air skybridge penetrating one of its neighbours, like that btw/TD and Ernst + Young...

Even before the forms were raised I was able to see Bay Adelaide from my home in Don Mills. - Coming in on the Don Valley at York Mills you can see it.

A boring *fucking* building? I'd only consider it to be a fucking building if there were a mid-air skybridge penetrating one of its neighbours, like that btw/TD and Ernst + Young...

You mean like the planned GO Transit building, penetrating the L Tower? I thought that somebody on the board stated that "L" stands for "lesbian"? (Personally, that boot reminds me of a young Nancy Sinatra -- "These Boots are Made for Walking")

Back