News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I think that KPMG's logo is a partiucuarly boring one (unlike, for instance, the Bank of America logo which I have alway though looks sharp against the dark blue of Simcoe Place). It will also take away from the relatively clean look of the tower - similar to how CIBC butchered Commerce Court West with their logo a few years ago. Bah.

Actually, I think the logo will work. A small white KMPG logo on the top corner is fairly inoffensive, and would work a lot better than a giant "RBC Dexia" logo of equivalent size.

For reference:

KPMG391.jpg

KPMG São Paulo

Personally, I love KPMG's logo and think it will look nice on the BA Centre.

KPMG.JPG

It looks very 1990s clipart. The letters 'KBMG' by themselves as seen on their São Paulo building are generally unremarkable, but not offensive. A perfect fit for B/A.

Damn, no antenna.. This tower screams "give me a g'damned antenna!"
Alas, WZMH are not known for applying antennas to their buildings, so we can probably assume that if anything, some decades down the road they will install a bunch of hulking 60's triangular home tv reception antennas, akin to that on the FCP...

p5

Damn, no antenna.. This tower screams "give me a g'damned antenna!"
Alas, WZMH are not known for applying antennas to their buildings, so we can probably assume that if anything, some decades down the road they will install a bunch of hulking 60's triangular home tv reception antennas, akin to that on the FCP...

p5

Got that right!

pudong3.jpg

aspect1030.jpg

cntower.JPG

kveca1463p.jpg

I think that the name will officialy stay Bay-Adelaide Centre. Even if they rename it KPMG Plaza/Centre/Tower, I'm pretty sure most will refer to it as BA centre.I think a simple white KPMG logo would be quite inoffensive to the tower, and would rather suit it. Regarding the fins, I am really glad they lowered them, because now the building is a solid object, if you know what I mean. They do scream "make us taller" even more now, but we'll all get used to it =P.

Back