News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The original Bay Adelaide tower was meant to go mid block which could mean the foundations for it could be used for tower two.

Certainly part can be used, but only on the western side of BAC2. In addition, the easternmost old curtainwall perimiter support column foundations will just match up with western side of the BAC2 elevator shaft. Older renderings show proposed retail at concourse level under this shaft, so I'm not sure how this is to be constructed.

Looking at the official site plan (http://www.bayadelaidecentre.com/upload/dynamicpagepdfdocumentpdf/163-Site Plan- WLetter.pdf) I noticed that the east tower says "office and residential tower". I wonder if this will increase the possibility of it being built sooner. This would be the first mix use building (in this way) in Toronto, wouldn't it?
I hope the full plan moves along. These are no London quality office towers but the square and park space will add a lot to the area. The evening presence from the condo side should be a big boost too.

The Closing Of The Drywall Connection

A melancholy moment in some odd way

dsc01525p.jpg

Great shot - hard to believe that they'll fit another tower with the same width to the east.

I'll make the assumption that they will have to do some reconstruction work on the parking entrance and take down the test curtain wall glass.....

But when I looked really hard, I guess I could imagine a building with the same footprint as BAC1 on the lot on the other side of the plaza.

3409387068_c9d14517e3_o.jpg

Last edited:
That's a beautiful photo! :)

caltrane74, is that a photo or illustration that you posted? I may be trippin' but it seems to me to be an illustration

I think with a little rejigging of the site, they could easily build BAC2 on the spot marked by the red square. I am not sure whether or not I would like to see BAC1 copied identically with no changes, or whether I would like to see a height change? If anything I think a second tower has to go there, but it must be at least 40-50 stories anything shorter would be a waste of prime real-estate.

On another note, does anyone know what the landscaping will turn out like now that they have changed/removed the artist component of this park?

p5

I would like to see a height change? If anything I think a second tower has to go there, but it must be at least 40-50 stories anything shorter would be a waste of prime real-estate.

Wait a minute. is this proposed building already not approved for 45 stories 200 meters, if anything when better times arrive build it 60-70 stories 300 meters. :eek:

And them maybe Sapphire can be built as BA3. At least then it would get built and its shadow wouldn't hit City Hall and N-P Square . . .

And them maybe Sapphire can be built as BA3. At least then it would get built and its shadow wouldn't hit City Hall and N-P Square . . .

BA3 which is the proposed north tower on Temperance Street is approved for a 165 meter building, and i dont think you will see much changing with that height due to (you guessed NP-SQ.) There is very few places in this city nowadays that would allow something of the height of the failed Sapphire at aprox 335 meters. The only areas in the city i can think of are Gerrard/Yonge, Bloor/Yonge or maybe even Front/Yonge Brookfield 3-location.
-

Back