News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Another kick-ass view from Parkdale.:)

dsc01704p.jpg

Where in this picture will Trump pop up? Will it be leaning closer to BAC or Scotia Place?

Ritz will hide most of Scotia Plaza from that view because it's going up right next door.

Wow...that picture raises strange emotions. For all its contradictions and frustrating little idiosyncrasies, you can't help but love this city.

Also, I like how BAC camouflages itself. It's hardly visible!

Wow...that picture raises strange emotions. For all its contradictions and frustrating little idiosyncrasies, you can't help but love this city.

So true... rustic streetscape versus financial behemoths... streetcar along side a Caddilac... rusting railroad bridge and messy utlity wires... strip mall across from art galleries.

Screams Toronto.

The hoarding is down. BA meets the Street.

dsc01530.jpg

Ritz will hide most of Scotia Plaza from that view because it's going up right next door.

Actually it will show up mainly in the area between B/A and Scotiatower. Scotia sits mid-block while Trump is right on the corner.

Thanks for the picture, Geekaroo.

I'm not sure how I feel about the lobby of BA on Bay St. I'll reserve final judgement until they open it up. I love the idea of it being completely transparant but I was hoping for something with a bit more flair. The whole complex seems refined but unintrustrive. As if it doesn't want to stand out.

Because of this, the ground floors had the opportunity to be more playful, dynamic and engaging. It would have been a nice contrast and added a much needed sense of importance to the intersection (much like the Galleria at BCE place).

The way the "hertiage" facade met the BA is really clumsy - it woould have looked so much better if the filler is the same low-iron glass instead of some generic beige stone/brick...

AoD

The way the "hertiage" facade met the BA is really clumsy - it woould have looked so much better if the filler is the same low-iron glass instead of some generic beige stone/brick...

AoD

I really like it actually... a good leaning wall. It would look perfectly gritty with few shabby posters and a couple smokers mulling about.

I wonder if they'll turn it into some kind of ad space, though.

The side of the heritage facade has to be a solid surface - otherwise it would destabilize the appearance of the facade - it would look like it is freestanding at the sidewalk - making the facadism even more apparent.

Back