News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I have just been informed by Scotia Plaza management as follows, which I believe likely means that the stretch of Adelaide over the PATH tunnel is going to be rebuilt and the temporary wooden surface removed:

"To: Scotia Plaza Tenants

Date: Wednesday May 6, 2009

Subject: Street Closure - Adelaide St. & Bay St.
Friday May 8th at 8:00PM until Monday May 11th 5:00AM
Parking Garage and Loading Dock Access

The Contractor for Bay Adelaide Centre has informed us that they have scheduled a street closure at Adelaide St. and Bay St. from Friday May 8th at 8:00PM until Monday May 11th at 5:00AM.

As with previous street closures, access to and from Scotia Plaza’s parking garage will be permitted. Individuals exiting Scotia Plaza’s parking garage after 8:00PM on Friday May 8th must use caution and travel west on Adelaide St. to Bay St. and then travel north or south with the flow of traffic. Individuals intending to park at Scotia Plaza during the mentioned times will be permitted access beyond the Police Officers barrier.

Additionally, delivery trucks and couriers will be permitted access to Scotia Plaza’s Loading Dock by traveling west from Yonge St.

Police Officers will be directing road traffic in the area and we will have extra Security Officers assisting egress and ingress of the garage and Loading Dock to minimize any delays."

Last edited:
DSC00807-1.jpg

DSC00806.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

This is kinda related but I didn't know where else to put it. There's an application sign up at Yonge & Temperance stating that somebody wants to sub-divide the properties along Yonge, Temperance & Adelaide for future development. This would directly abutt the Bay/Adelaide property on the east side.

DSC00807-1.jpg

Its a shame all of our sidewalks are built/constructed this way: What a difference it would make. Instead we get sidewalks with a combination of concrete and patches of asphalt, where you nearly break your ankle walking over.

This is kinda related but I didn't know where else to put it. There's an application sign up at Yonge & Temperance stating that somebody wants to sub-divide the properties along Yonge, Temperance & Adelaide for future development. This would directly abutt the Bay/Adelaide property on the east side.

Brookfield owns the property at the northwest corner of Yonge and Adelaide. As the other properties just north of that were constructed when the stump was being bulit, Brookfield may now own them as well. I'll check out the notice, too.

For further details on this property see: http://www.brookfieldproperties.com/building/detail.cfm?BID=274

I think he means it's a shame our sidewalks aren't constructed this way.

And, actually, they are. They're just maintained poorly and not returned to their original condition when work needs to be done.

Here is a picture of the Yonge Street notice. It is also posted on the wire fences along Temperance and Adelaide. This seems related to BAC2 and BAC3. Anyone care to contact the City as set out in the notice?

Attachments

• P5070086.jpg
    P5070086.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 246
Here is a picture of the Yonge Street notice. It is also posted on the wire fences along Temperance and Adelaide. This seems related to BAC2 and BAC3. Anyone care to contact the City as set out in the notice?
Does bac 2 and 3 have any chance of being built in this economy?

I think it's just a formality to subdivide the property now that one of the buildings is complete. Wouldn't it save in taxes as well, but subdividing the completed portion away from the undeveloped land?

This morning I contacted by email the planner at the City responsible for the application and I have just received this response:

"The signs on the site are for the current application for a plan of subdivision for the Bay-Adelaide Centre lands. The owners have applied for a plan of subdivision which has accompanied their application for part lot control exemption. The purpose of these applications is to divide the lands and to allow for things like mutual easements. City Planning and other divisions are currently reviewing the applications and there will be a report to Council with our recommendations.

The application is not to amend the zoning or existing approvals for the site. Attached are links to a staff report with the details of the zoning and the by-law http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2006/agendas/council/cc060523/te4rpt/cl007.pdf
http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/bylaws/2006/law0460.pdf

Please let me know if you require additional information.

Regards

Allison Meistrich
Senior Planner, Community Planning
Downtown Section
Toronto & East York District
City Hall, 18th Floor, East Tower

100 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
Tel: 392-7363
Fax: 392-1330

email: ameistr@toronto.ca"

Back