News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

It certainly is perfectly framed. Currently the temperature is rising but there is a nasty red flashing light on top.

I will take a shot during the day one morning sometime soon. The city is best lit from my vantage point in the AM.

Thanks for all the appreciation guys.

I like how your building reflects in BA, though I can't imagine what's casting that shadow on Scotia Plaza - unless there's some huge Easter Island statue downtown that I haven't noticed before.

hahaha i see it too. I think its just a shadow from the clouds, wait that wouldn't work b/c the sun is facing the photo. hmmm... next time i drive into toronto im going to look for urban shockers statue:)

Not only do I like the building, but I could live in Spire purely for the views. Thanks for the perspective lxmoss.

Taken on Friday:

img42471.jpg

They've got most of the new granite sidewalk down along Temperance now, and from the north side of Temperance you can see that they're doing waterproofing and other work to get the plaza ready. You can sort of get a feel for the scale of the plaza now that everything has been cleaned up, and I think it's going to quickly become a local favourite. It lines up almost perfectly with Scotia Place (it actually feels more connected to that building than it does to BA), and the way that it's hemmed in by skyscrapers so tightly on two sides (soon to be 3 once Trump is done, and eventually 5 once BA2 and BA3 are built) actually kind of reminds me of Rockefeller Plaza

Nice shot, grey!

This was taken on Saturday afternoon moments before the windstorm blew in. I lost a pillow off of my balcony, and my laptop was sitting on the pillow. The laptop flew across the balcony and hit the wall. That's when I decided to stop taking photos and get my ass inside. Unfortunately, the pillow came with the furniture and there is no way to replace it. Fortunately, the laptop and my camera, is fine. Hope you enjoy.

smaller_windstorm.jpg

Check out this thread for a full pano. http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=9045

It lines up almost perfectly with Scotia Place (it actually feels more connected to that building than it does to BA)

Whenever I walk by I think that Scotiatower's owners must have made a deal with Brookfield to shift B/A over to preserve their northern views. Probably not but it works out well for them.

lxmoss: Commerce Court West certainly dominates the skyline as a blaze of silver under certain lighting conditions.

When do we get the full daytime pano - to match your earlier sunset shot?

Back