News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Oh... srry about that...

I wouldn't really call it "spamming" cause BA is in that photo... I just thought you guys might like the photo of BA in the skyline...

Oh well... I tried :eek:

It's spam because you plunked it into the X Condo and Ritz threads as well, plus BA is barely visible at all in this photo. Yes it's a lovely photo, but it adds nothing to our understanding of BA.

srry.... won't do it again... promise :)

Going back on topic, A thing I really like about BA is it's open concept and how everything in the building is so "open"... It seems very spacious... good stuff :)

Dec 12 Visit

I see the boats are gone that were all around it earlier this week.

The Bell is going to block most of this view from Strachan Ave
IMG_dec-12-09-0096.jpg

Yet another tenant, Goodmans LLP, moves into BAC on December 22. They have several floors, centred around the 34th floor.

I like that you can see where they've planned for future connections to BA2 and BA3. It's also one of my favourite pieces of the PATH. Everything is so bright and clean, it doesn't actually feel like you're in a tunnel
Agreed, and very un-like the RBC Dexia portion of the PATH which is very tunnel-like and uninsipred.

The lower level looks like a hospital.

Well, if it's a hospital, it's one of the nicest around. Check me in, as I quite like this "hospital."

Unlike many parts of the PATH, there is only really one large support pillar out in the middle of a walkway (near the entrance to Scotia) and so the feeling of openness is increased.

Wait until more shops open and this feeling will increase as the space of the shops is added to the space of the main corridor. It feels ever so slightly boxed-in now, hence perhaps giving rise to Dugmor's view that it feels like a hospital (I assume a hospital corridor), but obviously this will change and the severity of the white/grey marble, glass, steel and wood will be relieved by the space, animation and colours of the various shops.

I have a feeling the hoarding for the shops is also encroaching into the walkway by a couple feet on each side, so even having the hoarding down will open things up even more than they already are

I'm kind of curious what sort of an impact this has had on the western branch of the PATH. Does anyone have any anecdotal evidence as to whether pedestrian flows have decreased through the old BA bypass?

Can't say, because (a) the B-A is still too new to sink in, (b) the branches are pretty far off from each other, and (c) the western branch is itself being affected by the 111 Richmond renos and pending concourse rebuild...

Brainwave:

If anyone knows, no one is saying it. That said, I think this thread and others have suggested that given the upcoming glut in office space, nothing will likely be happening for awhile.

AoD

More establishments have opened up in the concourse. In addition to Timmy's and the back rub place, there is now a bagel shop and a Second Cup with a "cozy" electric fireplace right next to a fully transparent glass partition wall. (Snuggle up by the warmth of the radiant electric glow with your hot beverage of choice while on display to passers-by.) Soon to open will be an International News store. Signage on the "main drag" indicates that a Marche will be coming soon.

There's a back rub place? Is it cheap? I actually wouldn't mind having a nice back rub time to time :D.

I am still waiting for the KPMG signs to go up on the exterior. Does anyone know if that's happening anytime soon? The anchors for signage were added ages ago!

Those posters you see outside the Great American Backrub - showing someone's head being shoved into a pillow, with the word 'RELEASE' - look like they're promoting euthanasia.

Back