News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

BAC from the 52nd floor of FCP. please excuse the poor quality photo.

4436484051_db038ba13a_b.jpg

Am I reading that chart correctly? The top three floors are not able to be divided into smaller units and they go for $703,000 per month? Sounds like a deal. I think I'll give up my 2 bedroom and take the top two floors... Lemmie see... Hmmmm... That would be a little more than 16 million dollars a year in rent... Yeah.. I can cover it.

(I'm assuming that $27.93 is rent per square foot.)

Thank god for copy paste eh barrytron...yes, yes we get it already - crappy images...

Next.

p5

why the hostility? it's not as though i'm trying to insult somebody. i just put that in as a disclaimer because some people expect us to carry around $5,000 dollar nikons. Thanks for your opinion[?].

Next.

Last edited:
Ummm..no. Office and retail rents are quoted on a per sq.ft/year basis. So, $27.93/sq.ft for 25, 170 sq.ft equals roughly $703,000 PER YEAR. Divide that by 12 to get the monthly rent of about $58,000. So, you just MIGHT be able to afford that! :)

Am I reading that chart correctly? The top three floors are not able to be divided into smaller units and they go for $703,000 per month? Sounds like a deal. I think I'll give up my 2 bedroom and take the top two floors... Lemmie see... Hmmmm... That would be a little more than 16 million dollars a year in rent... Yeah.. I can cover it.

(I'm assuming that $27.93 is rent per square foot.)

Ummm..no. Office and retail rents are quoted on a per sq.ft/year basis. So, $27.93/sq.ft for 25, 170 sq.ft equals roughly $703,000 PER YEAR. Divide that by 12 to get the monthly rent of about $58,000. So, you just MIGHT be able to afford that! :)

But does the $27.93 include taxes and operating costs - or is it estimated taxes and operating costs on top of the net rent to the landlord? The column heading in the table was labelled 'Additional Rent *'. I am not sure which meaning is intended, but I am fairly sure that the $27.93 quoted is not the all inclusive base rent, operating costs, and taxes on a per square foot per year basis for these floors.

AHK

OH! That's different!!! That's mere pocket change! I'm calling Brookfield Properties and ordering up my top two floors right now!

Hmmmmm.... Now... Lemmie see, where to put the sofa??? Hmmmmmm

The actual rent only represents about 45% of my monthly charges for the office I rent at the Eaton Centre. Operating costs and commercial property taxes make up the rest. Not to mention the GST.

Some info from a research report I read today.

Two leases were signed for Bay Adelaide Centre totaling 76,000 sq. ft. Thomson Reuters signed a 10-year lease for 59,000 sq. ft. and Barclays Capital signed up for 17,000 sq. ft. also for 10 years. This brings the property to approximately 81% occupancy from 76% at the end of Q4 ’09. Bay Adelaide Centre was opened Sept. 2009.

What's the report out of curiosity.

Back