News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The Bay-Adelaide hoarding has got to be the most attractive put up in a long time - I like the bit of design there is in the 'murals' that make it dare I say, attractive.

The Bay-Adelaide hoarding has got to be the most attractive put up in a long time

I so agree!

If only all horarding could look as good. Nothing remotely like the punishment that stood for so long on Dundas and Yonge.

Hey, thanks for hosting the pics. I take these from the lunch room 10th floor, so i'll keep ya'all posted from there.:eek: oh yeah, notice how the crane is at an odd angle. wonder where in the building this shaft is going to be?

Did he do work for Cara Foods? I swear there is some Harveys that have art inside that have characters painted in a similar way.

Edit: I was reading the previous page when I posted. I didn't notice that someone had made a similar observation about the Harvey's murals.

Pretty cool hoarding, much better than your typical ads. Wish they had done something similar at Yonge/Dundas as we were subjected to L'oreal ads and other crap for how many years...?

Consider the lame pun-mongering ("Pitt", et al), one wonders if David Mirvish has a hand in *here*, too...like father, like son...

They change the phrase on the hoarding every so often, the last one was a remark about the stump. I'm glad to see they have a sense of humor.

It's not your run of tower crane you can find in the city.

The crane is out of NJ and it is to deal with the fact that this building will be structural steel with a concrete core.

When was the last time a building over 20 stories was built in Toronto using structural steel? Most building are built today with concrete and was surprise to hear this was going steel.

I know Canron fabricated 10 floors for the old building that is now scrap as well no longer in business.

Was in a division office some years ago in the US that was over 100,000 sq in size that needed 30,000 tons to keep busy. Sadly, it does not exist today along with 2 other division.

Well be interesting to see it go up.

It's not your run of tower crane you can find in the city.

The crane is out of NJ and it is to deal with the fact that this building will be structural steel with a concrete core.

When was the last time a building over 20 stories was built in Toronto using structural steel? Most building are built today with concrete and was surprise to hear this was going steel.

I know Canron fabricated 10 floors for the old building that is now scrap as well no longer in business.

Was in a division office some years ago in the US that was over 100,000 sq in size that needed 30,000 tons to keep busy. Sadly, it does not exist today along with 2 other division.

Well be interesting to see it go up.

Yea I figured.. good to know the days of the concrete core and steel body are coming back... I loved seeing pictures of BCE going up with its hodgepodge of steel.. Anyway, I also heard RBC was steel - can anyone confirm?

I also heard RBC was steel - can anyone confirm?

RBC, Telus and Bay Adelaide are all going to be constructed of steel with a concrete core. The general rule of thumb: commercial hi-rise: steel, residential hi-rise: concrete.

Back