News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

quite the crane...dont think we have seen such a crane in this city-could be wrong though.

p5

London constuction crews seem to use these cranes almost exclusively. I've seen upwards of 5 or these cranes on one project. My guess is they can be used in tighter spaces better than the typical North American crane does.

^really?

true that the cranes in London are exclusively Luffing (Toronto has it fair number too) but I don't remember seeing anything as massive as this there except at the port

^
I was referring to the shape of the crane more so than the size--but it think that's about right too.
London is in a crazy boom right now. Projects like the ones on Bishopsgate (close to the Lloyds building and the Re-Swiss) are using multiple cranes like this one. I've never seen so many cranes up in a city as London right now. Not a lot of big skyscrapers going up right now--especially considering the population. Most of building seem to be 6 to 12 story projects.

are using multiple cranes like this one

a site that would have two or three here may have upwards of 8 to 10 there do to the restrictions on load movement

^
I was referring to the shape of the crane more so than the size--but it think that's about right too.
London is in a crazy boom right now. Projects like the ones on Bishopsgate (close to the Lloyds building and the Re-Swiss) are using multiple cranes like this one. I've never seen so many cranes up in a city as London right now. Not a lot of big skyscrapers going up right now--especially considering the population. Most of building seem to be 6 to 12 story projects.

London's been that way for the last 15 years or so. There are no vacant lots - the bring in bom cranes for everything.

Bay Adelaide Crane

636067134_b1ce3295bd_b.jpg

There are some little crap buildings in that area that could be taken down to make room for another tower, like that white TD building.

i like the "little crap buildings" tho... they give a really awesome downtown urban feel... otherwise it'll look so sterile and uncharactered.

I've always liked the "white TD building." The cladding used is pretty unique for Toronto.

The wonderful old Canada Trust main Toronto branch (pre-BCE) is a fabulous building - completed 1965 - that should under no circumstances be torn down for another photocopied KPMB glass and steel box!

I've always liked the "white TD building." The cladding used is pretty unique for Toronto

yeah ... a marble that actually stays on the building

There are some little crap buildings in that area that could be taken down to make room for another tower, like that white TD building

I guess we have different opinions on what constitutes crap . Thankfully, the site is probably too small, too 'landlocked' for most commercial developers to consider re-developable

I wonder why crane companies don't sell more ad space on their cranes. They could probably generate a pretty good amount of revenue.

Believe it or not, that TD building's been on the city's heritage inventory for about 15/20 years now...

Back