News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Is there any indication of what stores will be going in?

Yea, would be great knowing who's coming....and doesn't this new piece of the PATH connect to the Eaton Centre?

Many of the stores have been labeled and others not yet. Out of memory I can tell you that there will be a Jugo Juice, Great Canadian Bagel, Second Cup, Great American Backrub, a Toothworks (dentist?), and a Scotiabank branch, which is strange because it's a stone's throw from Scotia Plaza. There's also a food court with a burrito place, Thai Island, Tim Horton's and a bunch of other stuff I can't remember.

It goes right through to the Bay and doesn't take long to get there.

This is like the Franklin Expedition finding the Northwest Passage.

That's quite funny! But in fact it is a great linear trip up from Scotia to The Bay. I'd say even a great linear trip up from Commerce Court, although the stairs and slight jog entering Scotia mar the experience somewhat. The space through BAC is wide, bright and open, with just a touch of wood and stainless steel to enliven the white and white/grey marble. This has been a long time coming, almost 20 years in the coming if you count the planning and then ultimate failure resulting in "the stump", and so I think most people are just thrilled that the connection has finally been made and made in a way that lives up to the promise of the building (333 Bay) and plaza above.

To experience it best for the first time, I recommend starting in Scotia and then going north under Adelaide. This increases the linear feeling of the trip.

My first time, last night, was the best first time I've had in ages. I'm glad I waited. Cutting out the detour through the TD, BMO, Richmond-Adelaide and the Sheraton delivered me to the fertile uplands beneath The Bay in no time, where I grazed awhile before moving on to the gentle steppes of the Eaton Centre where restless young herds roam. It was certainly a much better first time than the messy experience I had in the bowels of RBC last month, which failed to satisfy in any way, since - unlike BA - neither the lobby nor the concourse beneath it bore any design connection to the tower above. My next first time will be under the Ritz.

Beautiful and Bright

Took a walk through the new path connection and it looks great. It is quite open and airy. Cannot wait for the food court to open as it looks like there will be some good eats in there. The wood and the stainless steel as mentioned looks really amazing. Definitely can see that I will be spending a lot of time in there. Maybe I will have to get a job at BAC. So long TD Canada Trust Tower!!!

I'm always surprised at how quickly the city updates the downloadable PATH map on the city site. It shows this connection as complete, and has also been extended to Infinity.

If only they would update the maps along the PATH in a reasonable time frame. A lot of them don't even show Metropolis/Toronto Life Square/10 Dundas East yet.

The first store has been uncovered in the concourse food court area. You guessed it - the ubiquitous Tim Hortons will be the first to open. It is still shuttered, but I spoke with an employee and she told me that they will open tomorrow morning.

Back