News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The mechanism allows the mattress to be lifted effortlessly upwards and keep it upwards while accessing your storage, similar to a hood of a car.
Because you are using the entire space under the mattress without any drawers dividing the space, there is more flexibility in terms of storing larger or odd shaped belongings (such as Rubbermaid containers, vacuum storage bags, etc.).

Thanks for the insight everyone, really appreciate it.

So i guess my further question is if you had a budget of just under 2k, knowing what you know, what bed would you get(and from where)

between 2K to 3K you can get a nice storage bed at the Lifestyle shop. between 3K to 4K you can get a very nice bed at positive space. The higher price takes into account some customization and taxes. For a storage bed under 2K look for clearance or sales at Casa Life and or BLVD Interiors. They are good quality beds, however not the same quality as Lifestyle or Positive Space. Hope that helps.

Stay away from EQ3!

If you want to keep it under $2K, Lifestyle Shop sells their storage bed for $1,799 without head board ($1,999 with wooden headboard and $2,199 with fabric headboard).

I understand that EQ3 is not in the same league as Lifestyle Shop or Positive Space in terms of quality, but what is wrong with their storage beds?

terrible finish....the wood scratches and dents easily. The track mechanism on the drawers is cheap. When openiing and or closing, they tend to stick. I think the inside of the drawers are not made of wood. Anyway, I have bought several items there in the past and when I move next April all of the items are being thrown out. I would rank there quality one notch ahead of IKEA.

seriously, don't bother unless you want disposible furniture.
you might as well buy IKEA and pay 30-50% less.

I agree, go to IKEA and save your money. At least you won't get ripped off. EQ3 prices are not cheap, however the product is.

I'm not considering purchasing at either EQ3 or Ikea.

OK, I looked in their catalogue and the Core queen size storage bed is $899 and Simple queen size storage bed is $999. If I recall the pictures correctly, there are only two drawers at the end one on each side. That alone makes it not worth it. A storage bed with only two drawers? If most of the underside of the bed isn't being utilized then what's the point? I realize that I may not be seeing things clearly from the pictures...

Since a bed is something that is expected to last decades, not years, then I highly recommend paying double the price for better quality materials and workmanship. Better value from that perspective. If budget is an issue then I would recommend foregoing a storage bed and buying a cheaper regular bed until you can afford a better quality bed that will last many years longer.

Get a skid (or wooden pallet if that's what you prefer to call them). Cost = free.

Sand it and varnish it--cost = $25?

Find a free old wooden chair on the street, take legs and cut them off about a foot high. Take your drill (a power tool set is always handy and costs under $50 for decent quality) and drill holes in each leg and corners of the skid. Insert heavy duty screws/bolts from Home Depot (cost maybe $8.)

Get some baskets in Chinatown and put under the bed. Or, get drawers from a used (craigslist is a good place to look, or funkier from Value Village etc) dresser, sliders from HD and mount under skid/bed frame.

Total cost: under $100 including 4 hours labour, looks so much more original than Ikea and is in fact an Urbandreamer Design.

Can you send me the design?

You could always take a cheap IKEA bed and customize the finish, upgrade the hardware, add other modifications, and you have a quality custom bed for not much $$$.
Just a thought.

You could always take a cheap IKEA bed and customize the finish, upgrade the hardware, add other modifications, and you have a quality custom bed for not much $$$.
Just a thought.

I don't know about a quality bed.....what you have is an ikea bed that is customized. Go to Lifestyle or Positive Space look at their beds and then compare it to IKEA. In the end, you get what you pay for.

West Elm sells a storage bed for a reasonable price:

http://www.westelm.com/products/storage-bed-frame-f829/?pkey=cheadboards-bed-frames

Website shows US pricing.

In store (Liberty Village) until tomorrow (November 1) you receive a $25 credit/gift card for every $100 you spend.

Credit can be spent on anything November 22 - December 12.

For example, if you buy the Queen storage bed ($1319), headboard ($299) and 2 nightstands ($299 x 2) for a total of $2216 Canadian, you will receive $550 credit to spend a few weeks from now.

Bed may be also be on sale (as shown online) but was not marked in store.

I actually like the Pivot storage bed from West Elm:
img71m.jpg

It's currently on sale for $899 (from $1,099), headboard is extra. I'm not sure if the sale is only for the U.S.

I will also consider the Lifestyle Shop based on the overwhelming positive comments here.
I may even look into getting the storage bedframe custom built (looks pretty simple to build), as I plan on getting a custom headboard and side tables built into the wall.

Last edited:
^Pretty easy to just knock it off...cost maybe $300 all inclusive, including the tools to make it.

Re: my design? I like unique designs, keep it to myself.:) But you can use your imagination and probably make a decent copy, you just need to walk around an industrial area and find a skid in the garbage area--factories often through out cheap skids, but the top quality chep pallets definitely not. (You could even just buy wheels at HD and mount on bottom of the skid if you desire that feature, also telescopic arms (above) are available, often for cheap if you're shopping online.)

Back