News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Just tried a Big Smoke Burger this week. It definitely wasn't bad. The horseradish mayo was a nice touch. Don't know if I'd be able to classify it as one of the best burgers around but I did enjoy it.

Big Smoke is my single favourite burger place in Toronto. Burger is thick and juicy with a touch of spice. Fries are nice and crisp. Only criticism is that they could include a few more fries in their meals.

Tip: If you go to Eaton Centre location just before closing, they'll often give you a free extra large bowl of fries as they try to get rid of inventory. The bowl is absolutely massive, and you may feel like a bit of a douchbag eating it :rolleyes:

I didn't like HERO; the meat looked like one of those boxed frozen patties you see in the grocery store, just a bland gray color and a rubbery texture. Nothing special at all.

The burgers are soggy. The bread taste stale. The fries aren't crisp. Milkshake is meh. Definitely not worth $11 (or whatever it is). Go to Big Smoke instead. The only reason I still go to Hero is because it happens to be convenient for me. I'm hoping that Big Smoke will open a location near my house.

I find a lot of the french fries are terrible. Either cooked too long, too thin, too crispy for my liking, too much seasoning. I find that fresh cut fries, like in some fish-n-chip shops, to be better. With malt vinegar.

I find a lot of the french fries are terrible. Either cooked too long, too thin, too crispy for my liking, too much seasoning. I find that fresh cut fries, like in some fish-n-chip shops, to be better. With malt vinegar.

Harbord Fish and Chips has some pretty good fries. Been a few years since I've been there though.

This Big Smoke sounds promising. I will try when they come to Mississauga. I don't eat beef very much because of health and environmental reasons, plus I am Asian and I mostly eat Asian food, so I only eat a beef burger like once every 2-3 years. Periodically reading this thread over the past few years makes me want to try one again. I don't even know what a great burger tastes like.

Big Smoke is my single favourite burger place in Toronto. Burger is thick and juicy with a touch of spice. Fries are nice and crisp. Only criticism is that they could include a few more fries in their meals.

Tip: If you go to Eaton Centre location just before closing, they'll often give you a free extra large bowl of fries as they try to get rid of inventory. The bowl is absolutely massive, and you may feel like a bit of a douchbag eating it :rolleyes:

Changed my mind. Made a 3am trip to my local Acme Burger (don't judge me, I was hungry :rolleyes:) and it was a little better than Big Smoke. Biggest benefit that they don't skimp on the amount of fries they give you. I also felt that their burgers were a little bigger than the ones at Big Smoke. And of course, it tasted great. They char the meat a little, which is a nice touch. The only disappointing thing is that the burger isn't nearly as juicy as what Big Smoke give you. Both of these places are amazing though.

Im such an old fashioned about this but ill say Hard rock caffee. Sure it has many branches but ill tell you, not all Hard rock caffees serve the best burgers!

Best part about Acme Burger is the topic selection. They offer mushrooms for no extra cost and the lettuce is leafy, rather than tasteless iceberg crap that I find at most other places. The daily deals are nice too.

I'm no expert, but I keep going back to Burger Brats on Adelaide for their greasy, magnificent burgers.

Back