News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Looks like someone has taken the old Magnum Ice Cream spot at Yonge @ Bloor. No signs up yet.

Good to know! I'm thinking it would be a mid-price place, since it's so close to Yonge (and next to H&M). Any rumours?

Surprised that the old Gap Kids hasn't been leased yet, though. It's a good space.

Walked past this evening – it appears to be another pop-up, this time promoting the new Xbox One console.
As I've written before - there is a demolition clause in any lease in this space. The landlord wants the right to kick out whatever tenant when necessary so that they can rebuild. The land is owned by the family that manages the Stollery store. When that parcel is redeveloped so too will the old FCUK spot. The reason FCUK left was because they didn't want to re-sign, re-invest in the store (i.e. renovate) and then get kicked out. No luxury goods retailer would waste money retrofitting the store to their specifics and then be told to vacate. Until the spot is redeveloped it will be used for pop-ups.

Crappy but true.

That makes sense !

But the Tiffany store is a prime location and large ! That should be pretty enticing to other retailers.

Good to know! I'm thinking it would be a mid-price place, since it's so close to Yonge (and next to H&M). Any rumours?

Surprised that the old Gap Kids hasn't been leased yet, though. It's a good space.

Wonder if that's due to the fact that there is a redevelopment proposal for 80 Bloor Street West - maybe retailers don't want the uncertainty or invest and then put up with several years of construction - I think the redevelopment proposal is still in its infancy too.

All the trees on the east side of the Village of YorkVille park (i.e. on cumberland) have been cut ! The ones in the circular planters. It looks terrible ! Any idea know what's going on ??

Found out:

Hamdi,

The scots pines, at the far east of end of the park, which were original to when it opened in 1993, had met their life expectancy and many were dead or very close to death. The City’s Urban Forestry Department recently removed the trees in order to eliminate any possible liability or dangerous situation with possible falling trees and it was also a lesser pedestrianized time of year in the park, which allowed for safer removal of the trees.

Our BIA will work with Urban Forestry on sourcing a new coniferous trees, which will be suited to the urban environment and a new grove of trees will be planted early next spring.

Druxy's is opening at the Holt Renfrew Centre, next to the Second Cup and South Street Burger is opening on Yorkville Avenue, below the Miele (IMHO, it's a little out of place, but whatever).

All over the news today that Saks will be opening its flagship location at the present Hudson's Bay location on Bloor.

Back