News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Todds is opening a store on Cumberland Street.

Their shoes are the most comfortable I've ever worn.

Too bad it's so expensive. I got lucky in Rome by finding two pairs on sale for 130 euros each. Top notch stuff.

With tod's opening maybe some of these brands can start moving into yorkville proper. They don't all need to be on bloor, like Kate spade and kiton did. Maybe we're seeing a trend.

Yorkville has always been constrained by adequate space, and the buildings on Cumberland and Yorkville typically have stairs up and/or down - something retailers don't particularly care for. Yorkdale was able to build the right space for all these brands, which has allowed them to get a foothold in Toronto before something became available in Yorkville. Many, if not all of the brands you see in Yorkdale will most definitely end up in Yorkville at some point. The market has proven in pretty much every case that multiple luxury brand locations can thrive quite easily in the GTA.

Todds is opening a store on Cumberland Street.

Where on Cumberland? Too lazy to go look since it's been so cold.

Yorkville has always been constrained by adequate space, and the buildings on Cumberland and Yorkville typically have stairs up and/or down - something retailers don't particularly care for. Yorkdale was able to build the right space for all these brands, which has allowed them to get a foothold in Toronto before something became available in Yorkville. Many, if not all of the brands you see in Yorkdale will most definitely end up in Yorkville at some point. The market has proven in pretty much every case that multiple luxury brand locations can thrive quite easily in the GTA.

Interesting u say that. I went to college in Chicago a while back and they had an upscale mall called Oakbrook mall in the burbs. They had tiffanys and such at the time. I'm no longer in Chicago so I went to check out that mall's directory and I noticed that they haven't added much to their roster like yorkdale has. All of the brands in Chicago pretty much went to Michigan ave and especially lately to oak street, which has a Yorkville feel to it.

Not that the lettieri building or the cafe were beautiful, but I just hope that with the building going up there they don't ruin the streetscape. I just love walking in front of sassafraz. Hope they open a nice cafe or restaurant with a European feel to it.

Interesting u say that. I went to college in Chicago a while back and they had an upscale mall called Oakbrook mall in the burbs. They had tiffanys and such at the time. I'm no longer in Chicago so I went to check out that mall's directory and I noticed that they haven't added much to their roster like yorkdale has. All of the brands in Chicago pretty much went to Michigan ave and especially lately to oak street, which has a Yorkville feel to it.

Right, because given the choice these luxury brands would prefer street front retail. But with the type of space that there is on Bloor, it's not always a good option. Case in point, both Cucinelli and Zegna looked at the Benetton space and didn't care for the street frontage. So either they wait until something else on the street comes up or they most likely look to Yorkdale to start.

Black Goat?

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO M5S 2W7

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 125194 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Mar 9, 2015

Project: Retail Store Interior Alterations

Description: Proposal for interior alterations to combine 3 existing retail units in 1 unit and renovate existing office located on the lower concourse level.

Which one is 100 bloor. Is it the William Sonoma store???

The application says 110 Bloor. I imagine this to mean combining Calvin Klein Underwear/Guerlain/Winners spaces, or Browns/Winners/Guerlain. Interesting- I wonder if this is speculative development or purpose built for a tenant (no tenant is named here, unfortunately).

Speaking of Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma, are they vacating soon?

The application says 110 Bloor. I imagine this to mean combining Calvin Klein Underwear/Guerlain/Winners spaces, or Browns/Winners/Guerlain. Interesting- I wonder if this is speculative development or purpose built for a tenant (no tenant is named here, unfortunately).

Speaking of Pottery Barn/Williams Sonoma, are they vacating soon?

That's interesting. Prowinko bought the retail portion of that building, they are a European high-end landlord.

The Winners space is pretty big - probably around 30,000 square feet.

Porsche Design's windows are covered up in paper and a notice on the door directing deliveries elsewhere. Not sure what is up there.

Back