News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

I enjoy how the map is so inaccurate it doesn't even represent a single moment in time for the neighbourhood. It's just nonsense to appeal to anyone too lazy to do research.

Also, dying at them excluding Fabricland for being "too poor" but including Homophobic Chicken even though it's barely above a McDonalds. The idea of all American-oriented brands having prestige is so stupid.

Some news on 1 Bloor East should be public tomorrow.

To be frank, I wouldn't describe it as exciting, at least to me, but I will leave it to the rest of you to judge.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You were right, definitely not exciting and rather redundant. As they mention in the article, they have a lot of competition. If I wanted something more than my own stationary bike, I would use my building's facility, or Good Life, to which I have indoor access. Their "unrivalled amenities and premium offerings" remain unknown. I suppose if they open a restaurant and bar, people might go there and enjoy fancy cocktails while pretending to get fit.
It might (and does?) fly in Liberty Village, but the ever growing student demographic along Yonge doesn't seem like a good market for a luxury new age gym.

As for a bar, Altea does H20 and smoothie bars. If they set up an "adult arcade" per the LV location, that'll put them in direct competition with The Ballroom's coming offering in the basement. And they *do* serve alcohol. ;)

Loro Piana confirmed.

Application:
Building Additions/Alterations
Not Started
TORONTO ON M5S 1P7
Ward 11: University-Rosedale
Application#:
23 218954 BLD 00 BA
Accepted Date:
Oct 26, 2023
Project:
Retail Store
Work:
Interior Alterations
Description:
Interior alteration (Tenant Improvement) of ground floor, second floor and basement of existing retail store for new Loro Piana store. Exterior storefront alteration is under the separate exterior alteration permit submission.

Toronto’s prettiest speed humps, now installed on Yorkville between Bay and Avenue. Intent is to cut down on both speeding and just the volume of (manhood compensating) sports cars that drivers take on the loop through the neighborhood, park, and rev their engines so loud it wakes up all the neighbours — idea being that many of those have fenders so low that they won’t actually be able to navigate the street anymore (which would be lovely).

IMG_2141.jpeg
IMG_2143.jpeg

The retail space in the Lillian Massey Building has been leased (per the“LEASED” stickers applied to banners).

I am given to understand that this is a temporary tenant. Not quite a pop-up, but not long-term.

Back