News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Re: SOCCER STADIUM OFFICIALLY NAMED...

Crappy plastic seats. However, the fact that they're not retractable, leaves a lot of leg room.
One step back, one step forward. :rolleyes

I'm too excited about Major League Soccer coming to Toronto to care about crappy seats and naming rights... maybe later...

2864_news.jpg

Boo ya!

there's been an inkling that the 20,000 seat rectangular stadium (for both Rugby League and Soccer) mooted as an Olympic Park replacement (in Melbourne) isn't going to be enough.

There was an A-League game a couple of weeks ago, Melbourne Victory v Sydney FC and 44,000 people turned up (Telstra Dome in Docklands, capacity is 55,000) and Victory have just announced they're moving all but one of their home games to Telstra Dome for the rest of the season - memberships have surpassed 10k and every home game is a sell out and the inadequate Olympic Park 'track' that they play at.

Telstra Dome was 100% private sector and got an agreement back in 2000 that no other stadium above 50k could be built in Melbourne for ten years though - there's another 4 to go :(

the proposal: mopt.com.au/pages/venues/...tadium.asp

The World Cup was good in more ways than one!

er...that's just a rendering, if the actual stadium turns out like that and is as cheap as BMO Park then give us a shout.

Why do so many people here complain about stupidness like the quality of seats being installed? The city couldn't afford a more expensive stadium, this is what we got and it isn't at all that bad for the price paid for its construction.

Why do so many people here complain about stupidness like the quality of seats being installed? The city couldn't afford a more expensive stadium, this is what we got and it isn't at all that bad for the price paid for its construction.

Maybe because they'll have to sit in them eventually?

The city, considering who they've partnered with, could certainly have afforded a better stadium...they just put together an agreement that doesn't at all favour the taxpayer.

Exactly. The city couldn't afford the stadium, so they allowed themselves to get shafted by MLSE. Again (why not put some of that profit into a better stadium?).

Have you sat on them yet? We all don't know how they feel like. Most sporting stadium seats are uncomfortable, what were u expecting? Foam filled theatre seats? Yes, it would have been better if more money was invested into this stadium, but the thing is already under construction and it's not going to change a thing at this point in time. Damn, people are hard to please here.

I get fed up about how Canadians lack any attention to detail. Whats wrong with those regular fold up seats like every other stadium. These look like cheap kids seats that looks as if they'll break if you lean back hard enough. Will there be enough room for people to get by people sitting in them?

Write a letter to MLSE, maybe they will care. I doubt it though. Complaining on a message forum won't do much man.

What motivated you to say that? What's your problem?

Sitting?

You are all supposed to be standing and cheering, dammit!

What motivated you to say that? What's your problem?

Problem? Don't have one!

I simply told those who keep complaining about the state of this stadium to write MLSE. We can't do anything on these boards.

I actually like the look of the stadium. It's built for the use of a soccer team and it doesn't look that bad on the small budget used to construct it. I'm just glad because the city got an MLS franchise and we are hosting a majority of U-20 World Cup matches. Maybe later on in the future, the stadium will be renovated and then maybe some of you will actually like it.

As long as the seats aren't like the bucket seats at Montreal's Olympic Stadium, I'm okay with them.

I think the stadium actually looks bigger in the construction photos than in any of the renderings.

Back