News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

So the old Eatons/Zellers/Target space at Bramalea City Centre (like all former Target locations in Brampton) is being subdivided. No more giant anchor tenant on the west side of the mall.

Anyone know what is coming? I know of one retailer, but it's under press embargo, otherwise I'd let out the details.

This "I know something you don't know" stuff on these forums is really annoying.

Bramalea City Centre Mall (1975) "Eatons" to "The Bay" walkway / Link: http://digital.library.mcgill.ca/hrcorpreports/pdfs/6/631056.pdf (Page 18)
631056-18 (1).jpg

Wow! Those round golden ceiling thingies were emboldened into my childhood brain. So neat to see them again.

Removed in the late 1980s in favour of skylights. That round of renovations saw Beaver Lumber leave (it had a parking lot entrance and a direct entrance to the mall!) and a small extension built to connect to a new Sears store.

Removed in the late 1980s in favour of skylights. That round of renovations saw Beaver Lumber leave (it had a parking lot entrance and a direct entrance to the mall!) and a small extension built to connect to a new Sears store.
I call that the "into the 90's renovations"

The extension to the new Sears was strangely marketed as "The Promenade" when it opened. It looked and felt different than other parts of the mall, largely because of the use of skylights. A few years after that, BCC was entirely renovated to somewhat match "The Promenade." While it was more cohesive looking, it lost some of its uniqueness.

Everyone, I think I cracked this mystery regarding the "Lost movie theatre" at Bramalea City Centre

If we take a look at this mall's floorplan map, you can see that there is something Dollarama. It seems like a storage area with access to doors on the "Lower level" which goes into the basement. At face value, it may look like nothing but if we see deeper the basement could be the movie theatre that was there from 73'-89'. what do you guys think, do you have your own ideas of this, comment down below
also here is the link which I found the floorplan from: Click Here

Screenshot (60)_LI.jpg

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but recently I've seen a bit of developments happening outside of the mall (near LCBO) on Peel Centre Drive. From what it looks like, they may be possibly building a brand new Walmart location, not a large location because of land space. I've seen the blue iconic setup out front and now I'm wondering if I am correct.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but recently I've seen a bit of developments happening outside of the mall (near LCBO) on Peel Centre Drive. From what it looks like, they may be possibly building a brand new Walmart location, not a large location because of land space. I've seen the blue iconic setup out front and now I'm wondering if I am correct.
who knows. also with the target space. whats going on with that.

No, that was the closed-down HBC Home Outfitters

Morguard is planning the long-term development of BCC, starting with the demolition of the Sears store (part of the mall's late-1980s expansion and renovation), to make room for residential highrises.

Back