News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

In front of the Telus store, where the old (knockoff) cosmetics store used to be, they're putting a Marble Slab Creamery there. :D

And walking today, in that space next to Gap Kids, they've got a Toys R Us EXPRESS (basically a mini version of the big box store) that's just waiting to be opened.

Hollister and (I assume) A&F are coming to BCC. Signs are up at the mall and a post has been made on the website. Surprised Hollister is coming to BCC of all malls but it proves the mall has come a long way since back in the day.

Hollister and (I assume) A&F are coming to BCC. Signs are up at the mall and a post has been made on the website. Surprised Hollister is coming to BCC of all malls but it proves the mall has come a long way since back in the day.

I took pics, and forgot to post them back about two weeks ago..

bcc1.JPG

bcc2.jpg

And this is the inside of ForeverXXI - looks to be quite a ways from opening up:

bcc3.JPG

It looks like it's just Hollister. It's only saying Hollister is made BY A&F.

I'm shocked BCC is getting a Hollister though. Square One doesn't have Hollister or A&F or Forever XXI.

It looks like it's just Hollister. It's only saying Hollister is made BY A&F.

I'm shocked BCC is getting a Hollister though. Square One doesn't have Hollister or A&F or Forever XXI.

Not sure why you would be "shocked"...BCC is moving up and the combination of a) avaiable space, b) lower rents c) the youngest demographic of the GTA municipalities and d) one decent mall serving a population of over 500k probably point to fairly successful stores in terms of sales per square foot and the very important Gross Revenues : Occupancy Cost (GROC) analysis that retailers do.

Maybe it will see Mississauga teens treking up to Brampton now! ;)

Not sure why you would be "shocked"...BCC is moving up and the combination of a) avaiable space, b) lower rents c) the youngest demographic of the GTA municipalities and d) one decent mall serving a population of over 500k probably point to fairly successful stores in terms of sales per square foot and the very important Gross Revenues : Occupancy Cost (GROC) analysis that retailers do.

Maybe it will see Mississauga teens treking up to Brampton now!
;)

That'll be the day...

That'll be the day...

Have you gone to Bramalea recently?

Just going by the impression of Bramalea vs Square One, and I'd say Bramalea seems more... I dunno, higher quality? Not talking about the any of the stores in particular, just the overall image of the mall.. Of course, some of the folks who visit either mall can change opinions easily, but Bramalea has done VERY well in their renos.

I've lived in Brampton for over 10 years and been to both Square One and Bramalea City Centre A LOT and I definitely think BCC is the nicer mall (not considering stores). It's nicer both on the interior and exterior. The issue is, it has a huge image problem to overcome. A lot of people who have not been to Bramalea City Centre don't know about the huge changes it has undergone and the new tenants its been able to attract. People still think of it as an overall shitty mall. And to be honest, it's still not THAT great... for men at least. I really wish it had a Banana Republic, Harry Rosen, better selection at The Bay, and so on. The mall is very focussed on female teens (see: Hollister, Forever XXI). Not saying that men don't shop at the mentioned stores, it just that overall, there needs to be a store for everyone, which currently isn't the case at BCC.

Oh and trust me, there will be people who trek up from Mississauga for the Forever XXI/Hollister combo. That just isn't available locally in Central/North Mississauga. It's a bit easier for those close to Sherway but still. I know a lot of friends who are interested.

According to the girl at the Sherway Hollister, the Bramalea one is due to open at the end of September..

And no Mississauga locations are currently in the works :(

According to the girl at the Sherway Hollister, the Bramalea one is due to open at the end of September..

And no Mississauga locations are currently in the works :(

I doubt a girl at the store would know much about their expansion plans anyway. That said, it's very likely none will open in the near future. Take a look at the Square One leasing map and try to fit in a Hollister. There isn't any open space big enough, which means you need to either (a) kick someone out or (b) relocate other stores. Look at how many stores had to move/close to accommodate Zara. To fit Forever XXI, Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch into Square One would require just as much work, but times 3.

5 guy's burgers on its way to BCC.....to be located in the new building under construction at the corner of queen & Dixie.

Went to Bramalea yesterday and was surprised to see ForeverXXI opened.. As suspected, it's a HUGE store.. Two levels and sorta reminds me of the Indigo books at Yorkdale (but I don't think this store is quite that large).

bcc4.jpg

bcc5.jpg

bcc6.jpg

bcc7.jpg

And the Hollister seems like it's not too far away from opening up either...
bcc8.jpg

My sister reported that Forever had good clothes at decent prices.. The mens section is very much like H&M, not really styles for straight guys.

So the old Eatons/Zellers/Target space at Bramalea City Centre (like all former Target locations in Brampton) is being subdivided. No more giant anchor tenant on the west side of the mall.

Anyone know what is coming? I know of one retailer, but it's under press embargo, otherwise I'd let out the details.

Back