News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

Screenshot_2024-08-24_215244.jpg

This does not spark joy.
I mean, it's better than empty buses no? It's a good problem to have. I think it's easier to spend money on a system that is seeing a lot of ridership growth versus a system that has empty buses and spending more money on that. I often see Mississauga buses trundle along half empty earlier than that (e.g. the 38 Creditview or 68 Terry Fox).

I mean, it's better than empty buses no? It's a good problem to have. I think it's easier to spend money on a system that is seeing a lot of ridership growth versus a system that has empty buses and spending more money on that. I often see Mississauga buses trundle along half empty earlier than that (e.g. the 38 Creditview or 68 Terry Fox).
You're absolutely right, it's definitely better than empty buses. I'm glad to see that many routes are seeing record investments in Brampton, but I can't help but feel that some of the investments and adjustments aren't enough to stop the encumbrances that certain routes face.

I should clarify my initial comment - What I mean when I say that this does not spark joy is that often we'll see many routes get adjusted times and have more resources allocated to make them quicker. However, due to the population growth in Brampton, transit itself does not feel like it is scaling effectively to address the growing pains of crowded buses with just these changes alone. I'm sure other regions are seeing the same issues, but not on the scale that Brampton is in regards to how ridership numbers seem to have ballooned.

I can't quite compile all my thoughts together, but it would be helpful if Brampton Transit had more XDE60's allocated along many routes with times being adjusted based on the pressure points they see in the system. The numbers and KPI's are one thing, but it makes me wonder if any of the system planners at Brampton Transit have actually taken the bus on some of the routes they've made changes on.

Anyway, I digress, you're right. I just remain hopeful that the Chinguacousy Zum isn't going to be a hindrance when it launches given how it's going to be helping move those on the 511 as well.

Receive from the City today re On the Move: Brampton Mobility Plan (BMP):

The City of Brampton has launched On the Move: Brampton Mobility Plan (BMP), a study to identify and recommend transportation policies, infrastructure, and programs to achieve Brampton’s vision for a sustainable transportation future. The BMP will serve as the City’s long-term strategy to guide transportation actions, policies, and investment over the next 30 years. The study is being conducted in accordance with the Master Plan process for Municipal Class Environmental Assessments under the Environmental Assessment Act and will satisfy Phase 1 (Identify Problem and Opportunity) and Phase 2 (Identify and Evaluate Alternative Solutions) of the master plan process.

The City is seeking your input on the evaluation of alternative solutions and the draft recommended mobility network and invites you to provide your feedback by visiting us at the locations listed below.

Kiosks at the Brampton Farmers’ Market
Come out and meet the City’s team at the Brampton Farmers’ Market.
Date: September 28, 2024 and October 5, 2024
Time: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
In-Person Public Open Houses
Drop by to learn more about the Brampton Mobility Plan and share your ideas about transportation in our growing city.
Shoppers World (Winners Court), 499 Main Street South
Date: Tuesday, October 1, 2024
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Bramalea City Centre (Hudson’s Bay Court), 25 Peel Centre Dr
Date: Thursday, October 3, 2024
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Online Open House Materials and SurveyDate: September 30 to October 18, 2024

Learn more about the Brampton Mobility Plan by visiting the study website at www.brampton.ca/mobilityplan.

Back