News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

10 June 2010:

I was so bored this afternoon that I ventured into the "ghetto." Truth be told, it's not quite the ghetto I had in mind; instead of a subsidized-style ghetto like the area just west of King and Dufferin, this area is like a new suburban ghetto--tedious characterless 'hood that due to the cheapish presales, will likely become a 75% renter 'hood.... If you're into staring at walls Palestinian style, you'll love this area.

1)What a nasty looking townhouse here on the corner--cheap brick, cheap design, just makes me want to get the bulldozers out.:D

dsc08982.jpg

2)Cheap red brick, eh?

dsc08990.jpg

3)Your view is gonna be blocked in by another condo or three going on sales centre site.:)

dsc08999.jpg

4)Not a decent-looking project in sight.:(

dsc08997.jpg

I reserve the right, as the photographer, to make any snarky comments I please.:D

Thanks for the photos

Great Photos. Thanks.

I must say it is a better looking building than I had imagined. Perhaps it says more about my imagination than the building, but in any case I am pleasantly surprised.

So is the 'brick' above the first floor, brick? or is it the precast material that some predicted?

Cheers,
Adam

A whole bunch of digging has been happening on the eastern side of Joe Shuster Way, with hoarding along King all the way to Atlantic. A shoring machine is also on site. I don't think we've ever seen a render or anything detailed regarding that section of this development - anyone got any info? The mystery is killing me!

Visited the salecenter yesterday and was told by the salespeople that the actual bridge (connecting this area to Queen Street) that the project is named after, will likely not be built after all since the City never secured any kind of formal commitment from the developer. They said it was still "in the works" but said dont hold your breath that it will actually happen.

A whole bunch of digging has been happening on the eastern side of Joe Shuster Way, with hoarding along King all the way to Atlantic. A shoring machine is also on site. I don't think we've ever seen a render or anything detailed regarding that section of this development - anyone got any info? The mystery is killing me!

I am hoping that this is Fuzion - how does everyone know that fuzion is being built on the west side of joe shuster?

edited - I guess if i did my research i'd know that you're right.....fuzion is on the west side....sucks to be folks in bridge/connect. I too am curious what is going up on the east side.

Last edited:
The building looked great until they slapped on the bricks.... makes the whole thing super heavy (from the west when driving down King). Especially when contrasting the one across the train track.

^I think it looks much better with the bricks--the more colourful the more it cheers me up, esp walking over the Dundas St bridge!

2 Sept 2010, from Dundas and Gladstone, with the Boho Embassy, Westside Lofts in view as well:

dsc00112urbandreamer.jpg

(With exposure adjusted to increase the red brick effect.)

Back